Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

2dream
Contributor

questions that have no answers

Hi all

just getting things out of my head the more i read the more i ask

Do we ever find what we are looking for, that key to open the door to life again

staying strong-to walk away for an hour or two only walk back through the door to the trauma our loved ones are living with

carer- was not a carer before why am i labled as a carer now

stigma-why is society so blind when it is an illness and been around for years

Professionals- why they have only one person in the equation when it affects all involved

Suicide- why wait for someone to attemt or even succed

cheers for a place to empty the brain

3 REPLIES 3

Re: questions that have no answers

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. These are big questions with answers that I think are hard to find...

Sometimes I find focusing on questions that cannon be answered can send me into a downward spiral.

I've been told to shift focus 'to what I know' and 'what I can do' for instance rather asking myself, 'why has this happened to me?'. I focus on what I know - 'I know that I feel drained because of this situation,' and then I look at what I can do, 'I can at least give myself a 15 minutes break - even if it is just a catnap on th couch.' It helps me sometimes. 

Dear @2dream 

I don't have answers to all your questions I'm afraid. As someone who is a carer and has lived experience myself I would offer my own experience of doors closing.

Sometimes doors close and you cannot find the key, because you cannot go back in life. But new doors are opening all the time - ones you may never otherwise have found. Suffering (or supporting someone with) mental illness is a life changing journey. It is painful, agonising at times, even a roller coaster - but it is transformative if you can approach it as a journey. In the midst of the hard things there is hope for growth and change.

Hope endures...

Keep posting and take care of you.

Kindest regards,

Kristin

As a married woman with two small kids my role was "Home Duties"

After my divorce, the same activity was labelled "Abusing the system."

After my son was diagnosed with MI, it was called "Carer."

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance