Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

looking at the mess I've Made of family relationships

hi everyone this could be me beating myself up but here goes Ive made a mess of family relationships,and where to start to fix that mess while trying to sort myself out still,but its on my mind the ways in which Ive hurt those around me refusing to listen time and again first to one person then to others as well,the stupid thing is I dont feel apologising to anyone will sort any of that out as whats the point of apologizing for behaviour that I still havnt changed for the better yet, I hurt many family members in different ways emotionally with things Ive said and how Ive said things ect lately and aswell as over time the same family relationships that Ive ruined over and again with my self loathing,self sabotaging behaviour,where to start to fix all these issues,Ive ran out of words to say for now,I rather be quiet,unless of course its the meds keeping me calm,not wanting to talk but am safe 

1 REPLY 1

Re: looking at the mess I've Made of family relationships

today Ive felt its best that the less I say to family the better,its alot thats happend and trying to sort through the mess is dificult,Im on meds so maybe thats slowly working to calm my brain to more rational thinking,the depression is not so bad a level as it was at,I havnt been yelling either,I need to work through so many relationships which its hard to know where to start but then I have to take one day at a time I may hae just gotten through the worst of a depressive episode and so now trying to make myself behave as calmly as I can moving forward and theres no question I must move forward,so today Ive decided what car model I would like to buy,I dont know where or how or when But I do know the car model I like and its unique ,I need to be allowed to still have some form of independance and decisopn making and power over my own life ,as I recently have felt a sense of powerlessness in having to need so much help ect anyway tonight Im going to the movies to see fast and furious 9 and thats a way for me to have some fun and something positive,an outlet,as I feel like currently my only outlets at home have been music and food but music has helped emensely Ive literally dived into researching singers their autobioghrapghy films and there songs as a way to understand and relate to something or someone ,I find comfort in music and for some reason Jazz music has helped ,Soul music too,as for tomorow I hope to visit my understanding aunty for a talk and cups of tea as she understands my emotional issues the best at the moment she just gets it,so would be nice to sit down and talk about happy things as well as My recent diagnosis,as for the rest of the week I dont have much else planned just need to work through my relationships bit by bit one at a time,rest and try to keep moving forward 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance