Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

aliciawearie07
Casual Contributor

hi everyone...

hi everyone...

i feel the need to express myself on this forum...

i wanna look for someone with the same similarities like mental health or disabilities...

i wanna find someone in common with...i wanna hold them and give each other's comforts...i wanna look for room mates where we all feel safe and comfortable with each other...hopefully settle down with them in long term and have fun.

is this a place where we can meet and talk to each other bout such things?

i dont wanna go on dating sites and tried it a few times...i feel its a place where its nothing serious. and heard stories bout them areas...where's a good place to start with? with mental and so forth? if anyone can answer this thread.

would be great.

thanks guys.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: hi everyone...

hey there @aliciawearie07

Welcome to the sane forums. It is a good place for that sort of thing. Being online and being able to chat is always good. Especially when we all have stuff in common relating to our mental health.

Dating sites are pretty shallow I think. That's my own experience with them too. I think people tend to put the best version they can of themselves up there - a bit like a job interview. Weird thing really.

I have been dealing with anxiety and depression for 6 years now and it's gone quick. But in that time my experience on Sane forums has helped.

I hope you feel welcomed here soon too 🙂

Hi aliciawearie07, Welcome to the forums. These forums are places where those with mental issues can discuss their issues in a safe anonymous way. Hopefully that is what you are looking to do. It is not really a site where you can ask about meeting fellow members personally if that is what you also want to do. It might be an idea to check the guidelines on this. 

TAB
Senior Contributor

Perhaps some techie type on here might create an MI dating app now? @aliciawearie07

Hi @aliciawearie07 and welcome to the forum.

I can understand the desire to find someone who has similar experiences as you to connect with. Being able to relate to each other is a big part of many relationships I believe.

I have a new friend who also lives with mental health issues. We quite quickly connected and he has become part of my days since. We are both really enjoying getting to know each other and I think we have a pretty good understanding of what the other may be going through. The flip side of it is that sometimes it's a challenge to support each other when we each have our own stuff going on and sometimes we have kind of bounced off each other in a difficult way (triggered each other probably), but I think that would be the case for most people regardless of their mental health.

I wonder whether somewhere like a local community centre or support group could be a good place to meet and connect in person with others who share similar experiences.

As marchhare mentioned, here on the forum we're anonymous so we can't 'meet' but we can definitely chat about topics like this. Theres a thread here you might like to check out about dating with mental illness. 

Hope you find it helpful to be here 🙂

@marchhare Wonder if anyone still remembers that saying? .. just saying lol

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance