Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

hello Friends I'm Back

hello forum friends Im back after a short break,hope your all doing well,Im doing allright just alot of overthinking and self doubt,things on my mind in regards to my personal life,maybe the romantic fling Ive been having with special someone has reached to the honeymoon phase being over as seems apparent at the momment,besides that there are few family members who seem to really care in general these days,but I just have to keep moving forward a few key things I still have to work on are communication skills,as well as comprhension,and knowing when to think and when to let myself feel rather than think,there are tighter boundaries in my life all round some family members have gone as far to block me and I have blocked some family as well,meanwhile using wrong coping methods to deal with talking to particular relatives,drinking alcohol,meanwhile understanding Aunt is still there which Im gratefull she is still there,as she has been checking in regulary to see how I am,as for last week well lets just say it wasnt the best of times,a sense of feeling lost in myself was the main feeling,currently though I am taking my meds after spending last week going on and off meds with and without drinking alcohol to cope with myself and relationships in general,but as for now in terms of family and special someone Im in a state of tighter boundaries and being unsure of whats next or if anything is next,Ive had a fun couple of months with special someone but yeah theres a place of needing boundaries even with him,and yet I know full well hes shown me how he feels,what he thinks and his effort from his side but Im also acutely aware that its upto me to show him from my side how I feel ect so thats where the stalemate lies for now,frankly Im not sure sometimes how he still has been around after some things hes had to handle regards to in particular my emotional,mental health state of late,he could be giving me some space to think or something like that,mind you weve had our first disagreement now and somehow we did still talk our way through things,but yeah I dont know whats next,Im just left thinking in my own space for now,but I do feel better than last week,and theres been a bit going on all round oh yes and being in Victoria its been lockdown again so yeah,just ordered some groceries online to be delivered and keep doing online shopping,treated myself to takeaway dinner last night,I might try to talk to aunt again or someone just to talk to someone,hope everyone else is going well,like Ive said lockdown has given me lots of thinking and reflecting time, but Im aware its about my actions going forward with those around me that matters I just hope Im brave enough to show people how I feel and not let my head get in the way of my heart tagging @bipolarbunny and @Former-Member and @BPDSurvivor HeartHeartHeart

11 REPLIES 11
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: hello Friends I'm Back

Welcome back @LostAngel  ❤️

Not up to talking at the moment, but will get back to you tomorrow. Take care 🌺

I'm sorry thing aren't well for you @Former-Member  and it sounds like you have a lot on your mind @LostAngel . Another lockdown. I feel the pain living in Victoria myself. Let's hope it doesn't last too long. Sending best wishes the other states in lockdown too. I hope tomorrow is a brighter day for you both. Thinking of you,

Lost9

I'm so glad you're back @LostAngel ! 

As I've mentioned in the past, you know what's best for you, and so if it means having a short break, we totally acknowledge it. Also know, we are always waiting for you here. 

Whatever is happening, remember you can only make a difference to the NOW. Dwelling on the past brings us into a state of depression; dwelling on the future brings us into a state of anxiety.

Of course I'm not saying you shouldn't think about the past or future, but the idea is not "dwelling" or "living" in the past or future.

You're very brave @LostAngel . I admire your honesty.

BPDSurvivor

@LostAngel Very glad to see you back my friend. One day at a time lovely, that's all any of us can do, big hugs xx

@Former-Member  Sorry to hear you are struggling my friend. Sending you lots of warm hugs and positive vibes xx

Hi @BPDSurvivor  hope you are well, big hugs xx

BB 🐰💙

Former-Member
Not applicable

@LostAngel regarding special someone, I believe he is still around because he cares about you and understands you.  Keep the lines of communication open with him 🌺

Thank you for your kind words @Lost9  and @bipolarbunny I am just a little flat, just finding it hard to put words to paper and overwhelmed.  But I do pop in and try to connect.....hugs to you all @BPDSurvivor  🤗💜

thank you so much @Former-Member HeartIm thankfull that each time I doubt theres always someone to remind that there is a silver lining thanks to all forum friends Heart hope your all doing well despite lockdownSmiley Happy

Hi everyone!

It's okay to feel flat. Let yourself @Former-Member . I used to beat myself but because I categorised feelings as good or bad. So when I felt a 'bad' feeling, I then saw. Shelf as 'bad'. It's not the case. Feelings are feelings! When you feel flat, remember me and this big HUGE HUG 🤗 

@bipolarbunnyHow are you? Hope you are well.

@LostAngel Im so glad you're hanging around. It's great to have you.

Hugs everyone!

BPDSurvivor

Former-Member
Not applicable

Aww @BPDSurvivor  that is so lovely of you to say that and the hug is just what I need. Feeling so much guilt about not being positive and not supportive enough on the forums. ❤️

I have those days where I just feel CRAP, but you know what? When I consider where I was not too long ago, to where i am now, I can only stand in awe.

Not too long ago, I hated every moment of life. Everything was a struggle. I was alive but never lived. I felt like the walking dead. 

In saying that, I've seen things shift. I know many things have changed now, and i am so greatful the amazing support and help these forums have given me. Now the 'support' ive received is not just people replying to my challenges, but rather when I support others, I'm actually getting support in return.

If it weren't for brave people who speak of their insecurities here on the forums, I don't think I would be as well as I am today.

So thank you, @Former-Member . Remember, you don't always have to be positive and helping others. Your honesty and bravery is already helping many 😉

@Former-Member @LostAngel @bipolarbunny @Lost9 

BPDSurvivor

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance