Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

seagul
Contributor

bi polar mystery

G'day People, Firstly all the best for the christmas season. I want to touch on some of the mystery of Bi Polar it is said that you must have a manic phase at least once to be diagnosed with BP. So what is that you may ask, some of us go on unknowing /undiagnosed for years, It can't be that the doctors just fail to ask the questions as they did with me and call it depression, Why did I not see my own strange behavior? It seems still true today and for many  suffering BP confusion or not  knowing we are manic or higher than normal. I know by the time I realize I feel so silly often that starts the down hill cycle. There seems to be an elimate of fantasy driving the hypo state however minimal the behavioral difference. I am superman r whoops no I'm not. Is it safe to dream, sad to think ones dreams need to be put on a tight rope might stop now feeling sad few more tears haven't run out yet

11 REPLIES 11

Re: bi polar mystery

@seagul  Merry Christmas seagul and welcome to the forum. I was originally diagnosed with bipolar I then schizoaffective disorder. I would go in and out of mania on a daily basis  It was exhausting and I have no insight when I am in mania so when I am doing mad, crazy stuff I cannot stop. I am currently medicated wihch helps but am looking to slowly wean myself off the meds and try being med free to see if I can cope without taking all this stuff.

If you want to meet some of the other members today they are all over at the Christmas lounge . Come on over and say hi. We are a friendly bunch. Love pea

ps: if you want to talk with someone imparticular put a @infront of their name and they will be notified of your post. 🙂

@seagul  Hello I like @greenpea  have schizoaffective disorder and was diagnosed with depression first I had been manic many times only I didn’t know what it was and as a lot of it happened when I was a child I think everyone just thought I was being a silly kid. I am aware that I am going faster than everyone else when it happens so I can kind of tell but I never care and it doesn’t stop it happening. The only time someone noticed was when i had a very long full on manic episode which landed me back in hospital and was so intense I couldn’t contain myself the way I usually do. Usually I am able to hold it in until I am alone and then i let loose and I can’t imagine what someone would think if they saw me lol. But that time I could not hold it and it is safe to say people where somewhat surprised. 

@Eden1919  Eden said 'But that time I could not hold it and it is safe to say people where somewhat surprised. '  Lol that made me have a little laugh as that is an understatement for me :).

@greenpea  Lol. When I was in the emergency department the look on the nurses face while I was running around singing and trying to climb on the walls was a look I have never seen before. Thankfully one nurse just let me run around in a secure area but the looks I was getting. Or course I didn’t care I was invincible and who did they think they were challenging me lol. 

@Eden1919  Lol yep that would have been interesting :). I thought I had mystical powers too. I thught I could read peoples minds because of the voices in my head ....

@greenpea  Me too, I could read minds and talk telepathically with animals and plants and many other magical things while on my mission to save the world. 

@Eden1919  that is quite beautiful actually Eden1919. I believed that criminals were after me and I wanted to jion up with a criminal organization. Now if you saw and knew me you would die laughing as I truly am a very average, middle class woman with 3 strange children and a pet. Definitely not the type that would be apart of some evil organization like that.

@greenpea  Lol that doesn’t sound very fun. Yes it was beautiful actually I felt very at one with the world. Except I thought I had to sacrifice myself to a god but otherwise it was lovely. 

@Eden1919  sacrificing yourself to a god doesnt sound great at all but I like the part about being at one with nautre the animals etc :). Do you miss it at all? your mania?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance