Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

CherryBomb
Senior Contributor

Who am I? Who are you? Who are we?

Caring for others can be demanding, and consequently, we can forget that we have (or once had) interests and lives outside of this role. Seeing we are all part of a growing community, I thought this would be a great opportunity to introduce ourselves and share some random fun facts about who we are.

While keeping anonymous, list 3-5 things about yourself. This can be anything such as interests and hobbies, previous interests that you'd like to reconnect with, words to describe yourself, or thoughts. Here is mine:

1.) I like looking at cute animal memes on the Internet, hence my profile pic.

2.) I love cooking (when I have the time) and trying new food/tastes. If anyone out there has good quick vegetarian recipes, share them 'round! 

3.) For time out, I enjoy sitting in cafes and doing NOTHING other than sitting down with a hot drink and people watching. It helps me to stop and just breath.

4.) My favourite place to be is in the mountains – it just feels like home for some reason.

5.) I love a good documentary and learning about the world, especially ones about mountains, animals and food.

Now, what about you? Smiley Wink

50 REPLIES 50

Re: Who am I? Who are you? Who are we?

1. My favourite music on my headphones - relaxes me better than any drug!

2.. Dancing.

3. A classic movie with friends and a glass of shiraz.

4. Walking in the mountains.

ooooohhh interesting! okay here goes;

1) I'm a massive beach person. I couldn't imagine living far from a coast line.

2) I wish my life was one big musical, with people spontaneously & simultaneously break out in song & dance

3) Cheese is my favourite food (& with a glass of red is even better!)

4) I love watching rugby league.. it's what gets me through the winter

5) I love to travel... close to home & far away (my last trip was a weekend away in Jervis Bay NSW & I lovvveed it!)

I look forward to learning more about you all!

What was life like before I became a carer? Wow, now you have me thinking! This post got me thinking about some of the good things in my life.

I love to be fit. I walk, go to the gym and ride my bike.

I have two big dogs and love them to peices.

I enjoy hiking and used to walk for hours through the wilderness.

Can't get through the day without a good coffee (from Melbourne LOL).

Have the ability to lose myself totally in a good book, or a movie.

I'm keen to see what others like to do.

Interesting posts! From the responses so far, it seems like we are foodies who are active people that enjoy being outdoors...  

Hi everyone, Harry here. Like so many people who are or have been carers we sometimes lose touch with our selves and what we enjoy. I had to delve into my mind to remember a few things that I enjoy.

1. I really enjoy listening to music (Beatles and Yusuf Islam are my faves)

2. I enjoy cooking

3. Conversations with random people

4. Gardening

5. Really enjoying studying at the moment even with all the challenges it brings.

Cheers Harry

Nice list Harry. I like #3.

Hey morningstar. Thanks. Yeah random can be fun, theraputic and rewarding.

I also enjoy chatting to random people. Funny you mention this Harry, as I had been driving myself and partner up the wall, and didn't realise it was because I barely leave the house and don't have much other social contact (being a full-time student who's writing a thesis). I've now made it a part of my routine to go to my local cafe every couple of days to study and drink (too much) coffee and since I've started doing this, I've had numerous coversations with random people. It's been great! So there's a few things about me:  I study, enjoy random people, and drink too much coffee. I also usually enjoy the outdoors and mountains (I love rock climbing) but don't have much time with study and work these days. 

Hi,Im POSSUM,

1, I like walking the dogs.

2, sitting, and drinking coffee.

3. cooking, large amounts so i can freeze part, for latter. so i dont have to cooke, But i really love cooking

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance