Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

RoseRuby
Senior Contributor

Was upset - I respect evryone on this forum.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Do you really care - about other people or is the forum ju to talk about good life is?

Not sure I understand your question? Would you mind explaining a bit more @RoseRuby?

Re: Do you really care - about other people or is the forum ju to talk about good life is?

I tend to wander away from this forum (and others I've previously been a member of) for long stretches, not because I don't care about other peoples' suffering, but because dealing with the subject matter that this place is oriented towards is so terribly exhausting. It kind of saps my strength looking at how so many others are suffering and knowing that there's nothing I can do about any of it. And confronting this kind of subject matter and contributing to the conversations typically requires me to take a good long look at the awfulness of my own hopeless situation, which I guess the rest of the time I'm able to push a little ways into the back of my mind where it's not quite so disturbing.

On days when I delve in to this stuff I tend to accomplish even less then I do on other days and I get the impression it makes me even more of a drag to be around.

And as for "talking about how good life is", well I think that that's merely a case of people being mindful of how rough the other forum users are having it and making an effort not to try and darken their days any further by talking about the bad stuff on here. We censor ourselves a fair bit on here, because painting a meticulously graphic picture of how awful life is for people who are (for the most part) already well aware of this fact really won't do any good.

So yeah, maybe it's not so much a case of people not caring as it is a case of them just being too exhausted. I dunno, maybe that all amounts to the same thing anyway.

People do care. Sometimes i think what hapens is the reader does not know what to say. It may be triggering for them. We all get triggered from time to time..and i see that as an opportunity to. Its very painful at times.

The other thing is i think people try to post positive comment too. You never know who you are helping. We all need positive things to hold onto.to help us through the darker times.

If you give this a chance, it can help a great deal.

Best wishes. Chris

Thank you for your reply - I am sorry if I upset you,  I feel the same when I am going thourgh bad times and brings up other issues, so I understand why people do not connnect straight away,  I do not wish you to go over your issues - so please accept my apologies, take care, @RoseRuby

Apologies - I understand your email. All the best.

No worries, @RoseRuby. You're always welcome here. May I suggest joining this discussion. It's where members post when they are struggling at night time. 

There's usually a few people on there, and its open to everyone on here. Might be good to connect with others.

@Former-Member @Appleblossom @Jacques @Shaz51 and @Mazarita are regulars on there. I'm sure they'd love to have you join in on that discussion. What do others think?

CherryBomb

Re: Was upset - I respect evryone on this forum.

Hi @RoseRuby,

Most of us here understand how it can be when you are very upset. Glad to see you back with a new title for your discussion thread. Smiley Happy

As @CherryBomb has suggested, a group of us are often around in the night time on the thread called 'Night Shift'. Just go to the end of the discussion and add your own post if you would like to join in. We get email notifications about any new messages posted there so you are more likely to get a faster response to your posts. Hope to see more from you when you are ready to post again.

Hi @RoseRuby

Yes we could see that you were upset.  It takes a lot of courage to admit that.

Welcome. I hope you gain something in the medium term.

Apple

@RoseRuby, as several others have said, it's okay to be upset. I didn't find anything disrespectful about your original post, so IMHO you don't have anything to apologize for.

Like @CherryBomb, @Mazarita & @Appleblossom say, these forums are here for people who need to talk about their problems. Even though nobody sits on here 24/7, there are usually some people around to listen and talk with.

I've found these forums to be a very welcoming, compassionate and non-judgemental place, even with regard to things that I was ashamed to open up about. So I hope you stick around and I hope you find this forum to be helpful and/or comforting.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance