Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Ups and Downs of Husband`s Mental Illness

Feel for you @Shaz51 do you feel like you are between a rock and a hard place? Tough for you with Mum in hospital too. 

If it was up to Mr D I doubt he would be on DSP, he did get forms once but did not follow up.  I ended up getting most of the palerwork sorted when Mr D was in hospital so had help from the c'link officer that visited MH ward on a regular basis.  I  really don't think he could have done it on his own at the time.

Hey @Former-Member
Just came back from meeting my friend,had s good chat

Yes it does feel that way @Former-Member, I am thinking of you and Mr @Former-Member as I write this 

Yes Mr shaz can not handle centre link at all , I fell he has had enough but he is torn , he hates making decisions 

We had a talk last night as he is coming out of the low but I feel it will raise its head again 

We have a 60 th  birthday dinner to go too tonight for my cousin 

D1 has flown back here for the weekend for a wedding and her partners birthday

I have an appt with diabetes educator, doctor and dentist next week

Not sure how long mum will be in hospital , one day at a time xx

Yesr @outlander, @Determined@Faith-and-Hope, @Owlunar, @Former-Member, @Sophia1, @Adge, @Appleblossom

Thinking of you and family @Shaz51

You have so much going on at the moment. 

Sounds like it is all happening again for you @Shaz51.. 

Trust you can get adequate rest along the way.

@Shaz51 hope that everything will go well for you

Thank you @Ratherblue2, @Former-Member, @Determined 

You too @Ratherblue2, how was your day today 

That doesn't sound good @Shaz51

I am sure you already realise that if he gives up the business he will be anxious about that too

It seems to me that he is getting worse - but what do you think and feel about this

When you say he doesn't want to keep going - is this a temporary thing or more of the same old Mr Shaz with life getting too hard for him

And your Mum is still in hospital too - I guess you will be busy with her when she comes home too

This is a difficult time for you and your health too - would giving up your business be a good idea? 

Decisions decisionsDecisions decisions

Dec - your spare MumHeart

Hello my second mum @Owlunar xx

You know my Mr shaz sooo  well , he will be anxious in whatever we do which makes it harder to decide what to do 

Yes I feel he is getting worse and one minute he wants to get help and then he doesn't

The old Mr shaz appearing, I have suggested a solution and am encouraging him to spend time doing his hobby 

Dinner party was lovely last night , even though everyone asked me how my mum was 

Today we are off to see D1 who has flown home for the weekend

Hello @Former-Member, @Determined, @outlander, @Faith-and-Hope, @Mazarita

Hi @Shaz51

I really hope Mr Shaz can get interested in his hobby which I seem to remember is photography - I took a lot of photos in the past - I can see something fantastic but I am not at all artistic and so photographs are a great way to do it

I need a new camera with apps - I am thinking of getting on of them before I go to Queensland - I want a selfie of myself standing right at the tip of Australia and my phone is not quite what I want in a camera

It's great you had a dinner party last night -  yes - of course everyone is going to ask how your mother is but I guess that takes the edge off the fun because you remember what's happening when you need a little time off.

All the best for a great weekend with D1 and I know you feel Mr Shaz is getting worse - hopefully seeing his daughter will give him a lift

Sending hugs from your second Mum - Dec

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance