Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Ups and Downs of Husband`s Mental Illness

only one thing though is experiencing constipation @Former-Member , @Former-Member 

Yes thats not easy at all. @Shaz51  Sorry the meds have that effect for you.  Personally I have always been lucky with that side of things, never been an issue .. either way.  But my husband suffers dreadfully from constipation.  Its very typical with Parkinsons Disease.  Are you on the meds for only a short period as the acidosis resolves, or is it a bit more long term than that? Warm baths can help.

@Former-Member @Shaz51 

Mr D's OCD is atypical in that he has lots of small things that are time consuming that do not take all day ie will check something for a while but will not go back to it,  intrusive thoughts however can be debilitating - ruminating and getting anxious++ over seemingly trivial things. 

Constipation = 😵

It was this med side effect that prompted us to eat healthy. 

Are you on the meds for only a short period as the acidosis resolves, or is it a bit more long term than that? --- for long term @Former-Member  because of the kidney 

but i don`t mind as long as it helps

@Shaz51 

images - 2020-02-15T130230.063.jpeg

images - 2020-02-15T130447.897.jpeg

ha ha @Former-Member 

a coffee in the morning sometimes makes me goooooo Smiley LOL

Ohhh @Former-Member , @Former-Member , @greenpea , @outlander , @Adge , @Appleblossom , @Owlunar , @Jacques , @Jay-e , @Sophie1 , @Mrsjones , @Smc 

Badd at the moment , Mr shaz has had it today big time 

He is thinking of taking ng extra meds tonight , trying to encourage but he has he needs a break 

Hi @Shaz51  so sorry to hear that Mr Shaz has had a bad day. I know sleep is so important but please urge him to be careful and not take extra medication without consulting his doctor first. I really hope he is able to get some rest. And you too!

regards

Whitehawk

Hope things settle soon @Shaz51 . I know the twin is determined and does not want to give up.

Thank you @Whitehawk xx

At the moment Mr shaz has turned to some computer time 

And I am cooking dinner 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance