Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

nashy
Senior Contributor

Trauma Survivors - A Safe Space

Hello wonderful forum members. In light of the recent news of George Pell's sentence being overturned, many of us are lost for words, and of course feel as though the justice system has let us down. We must hold our soft hearts, and straighten our backs, but know that we are unified in strength, resilience and the ability to push through and make sense of this together.

This thread is a safe space for people to unpack and process about today's news. As difficult as it can be when we're in pain, I'd remind members to consider the guidelines as we support one another through this.

The BlueKnot foundation are open between 9am-5pm today and can be reached on 1300 657 380. They are a national counselling service whose staff are highly skilled in supporting people processing sexual abuse and trauma.

We're all in this together, sending every good thought to those affected by this news.

recover.gif

35 REPLIES 35

Re: Trauma Survivors - A Safe Space

@nashy  Thanks for setting up this space.

I just want to cry.  I can't believe he can just walk free like nothing has happened.  How has our justice system got it so wrong ??

Hi @Razzle @nashy @Owlunar 

why is he out? how? Where is the justice. 
I don't understsbd. I'm angry upset. 
irs just so wrong 

what example is this to the perpetrators? 

No surprise. I have more than enough experience with courts to have lost all faith in criminal justice a very long time ago. I've seen and had this happen with my own abusers countless times. So many to read about this and think well, what else can be expected. 

I'm numb and in shock, I'm curled up in bed why does society consider child abuse OK? I don't know how some people don't see a problem with it, it is a life long sentence for those of us who have been abused. I have Lost so much and few people even care

Yeah spot on, absolutely heartbreaking when an entire jury gave up their time and lives to ensure justice was implemented as it should be. Really sad @Razzle But the justice system are not everything, the people here on SANE Forums still care, I still care and I believe the broader community does too. Navigating the world will be no easy feat for this man moving forward. Heart Sending you every thought.

Sitting with you @BlueBay  Heart

@Jacques Hearing you, really appreciate your raw and authentic posts here💔 We're all here as a community to listen and hold space for you.

I’m numb. If I feel this bad about this, how do the boys and family feel. So much for justice. It’s still money and power.

Thsnks @nashy  xxoo

I think I need to take a few days off here. All this stuff is resurfacing my own childhood sexual abuse 😢

or msybe I stsy on for support 

it's so so wrong. 
I'm really angry. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance