Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

@Owlunar  There is a lot to think about in your post. I’ve been chewing on it, as I usually do, and hope my response makes some kind of sense.

Here goes. My church absence came after so many walked away, at a time I need them the most. Added to that MI and the enormous struggles it presents us all with, left the deepest darkest hole in my soul. I felt abandoned by God, as well as my friends ( or so called friends ). But buried beneath it all is a tiny spark of faith, I think/hope. That is what I’m searching for, but it’s well and truly hidden.

I have worked with children in the past, and like you, I loved it. They have a way making complex simple. I don’t know if I will do it again, everything is a pipe dream, and nothing might come of it at all.

For now, I’m wrestling with some of the basic and challenging stuff. Can I do this? I don’t know. But I am at last willing to give it a try.

As always @Owlunar thanks for your thoughtful reply. 💙💙💙

@Zoe7  I have enjoyed the Cat stories shared by you and @Owlunar . They are amazing animals.

I think I read your sister cancelled yesterday? I hope I have that correct. That would have given you some much needed rest, though I know you are more than willing to support and help.

I hope your packing and cleaning is finished, and you can relax before the school term begins. Take care today. Sending 💜💜💜

Yes my sister didn't need me yesterday but a I helped today @Maggie and will go back tomorrow for a few hours.

I have made great progress with my own place but still a bit to do. What is left is easier to get to and put away though so no more moving of boxes to get to things. I need to buy some plastic storage tubs tomorrow night for what is left then I have a box of paperwork to go through and some more sewing to do - so by Friday I hope it is all done. Next week will then be spent at the new school and planning for the upcoming term ....with tennis watching thrown in also.

Cats are indeed amazing animals - they are happy by themselves and pretty much do their own thing but love cuddles and snuggles too (my Cat does anyway). I love watching Toby follow Cat up the hallway ...like a little sheep ...then she goes into her room and he lays at the gate watching her. There is a soft mat at the gate that he lays on and could quite happily stay there if he wasn't too busy following me around too. I do love my fur babies 😺🐶💕

How's that cuppa @Maggie? And anyone who might be around?

👋😊

Piping hot @CheerBear .

How was gig yesterday???

Good to hear @Maggie 😊

Gig was fab thanks. Just me and a supervisor I don't usually work with. I did quite a lot of work which helped as we've been very busy. I'm in again today doing the holding down the fort role I was asked to. It went well last week so I'm guessing will be good again 🙂

How are you going this morning? How was your yesterday?

Back again today for you @CheerBear . It really sounds positive. Just what you need. 💜💜 Was ‘he’ person supportive and interested afterwards?? Only if you want to say. 💜💜

My home help went really well yesterday. I had a new vacuum, as my other one died. It works well. Alway tricky with that kind of stuff. Getting my head around it. 

I’ve had a really bad night. Full of doubt and fears of what I’m doing atm. Stuff like ‘ who do I think I am’ ‘ I’m not going to fit’,’ I’m not good enough’ they are the better version of the ‘ real’ . I don’t know now. 😥😥

@Zoe7  Looks like a busy one for you today. Plastic boxes are such a good idea.

I hope tennis gives you some down time. 💙💙

Not long till you start at your new school. I really hope this works out well. You have worked hard to achieve what you have. 💜💜💪💪

Cat and Toby do sound adorable. Yes.....we all do love our fur babies.. 

Have a good day @Zoe7 .

He person was there waiting to pick me up with a genuine "How was your day" @Maggie 😊. We found a super funky second hand bookstore and had coffee then came home and read, chatted, spent close time together. Really intimate moments in there. I survived them and maybe even enjoyed myself (I'm shocked lol) 😉

Glad home help went well for you. That's another big and hard one.

I'm really sorry you had a bad night. Is it the new Sunday adventure that triggered it? New things, new places, new people etc are often scary at the best of times let alone when you have a whole history under it all. Wish I could give you some of the belief I have in you 🙁
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance