Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

I'd love one @Maggie, thanks. Anyone else up and about too?

How are you going this morning? Did you get to play with pink paint yesterday?

Yes I did play with my pink paint yesterday @CheerBear  I’m very happy with the colour.

ok ish today. How are you doing, and is middles cough any better? Any plans?

Glad you're happy with the colour @Maggie 💗

Middle went to the Dr yesterday and has croup. They were OK yesterday afternoon though and their cough was a lot better overnight thanks. We went visiting yesterday so today the plan is to head home, do some groceries and some housework. Hoping to play with my crochet today 🙂

How about you? Biggest smile that you were looking at hooking 😁

Croup is really hard @CheerBear  so glad to hear it improved overnight.

I think from what you’ve said before, it’s a long drive home. No doubt you will be drained. Sitting with crochet sounds relaxing.

I used to knit and knit and then knit some more @CheerBear . I like the idea of just having something to pick up and put down, not over the top concentration, but enough. Spotlight have a huge sale atm, and it’s pay day this week. Choosing colours in my head. 😕🤔🤔

I really like the idea of pick up and put down projects @Maggie. I struggle to find the right balance of challenge and chill sometimes though. Now we go visiting a lot I also need easily moveable projects too.

Spotlight sale is fun! I went there yesterday to get 2 colours for my latest project and the yarn I like to use for amigurumi is 40% off. Love when that happens.

Choosing paint or yarn colours in your head? That feeling of contemplating creations is a great feeling I think 😊

I think it’s bringing something beautiful into our lives @CheerBear . A break from the depression, anxiety and stress. Then the added bonus if others like it and the oohs and ahhs make the warm fuzzies in the heart feels. Plus giving some to others, I like all the feels in there. 💜💕💜

My second coffee is finished, how are you going with yours?

Just looked up amigurumi wool. I like the sound of that, plus 40% off, @CheerBear  I love the mandala patterns. The colours and techniques. I had never seen it til you posted pics of your work. Might need to go a bit more simple to start with.

Had to duck off as someone woke up here @Maggie.

There are so many awesome feels with art and craft ❤

I'm still face palming myself for my "I've never heard of crochet mandala" comment 😜 I think maybe because I see my two as blankets rather than mandalas I wasn't thinking (that or I was just so excited to hear you thinking of picking up a hook 😉😆). The technique is so fun. It's "overlay" crochet and it's done by using different parts of the stitch. I had such limited crochet experience and knowledge when I took that first blanket on that I know those projects are not often as hard as they look. They require patience and practice but with tutorials online they're made easier. I couldn't read a pattern when I started mine and had never done anything fancy, but the 'mandala madness' project (the one I have done) has YouTube videos that show every single stitch in awesome detail. Lots of them do.

Maybe looking at a mandala granny square is a good smaller first step. There are some lovely ones out there. Colour and pattern 😍😍😍 So, so good.

I better fly. I hope today has some good in it for you. ❤ and for your Sunday

They are beautiful @outlander  thankyou.

If you are reading at all @ Mumi thinking of you. Sending the best wishes ever. And lots of these 💜💕💜💕️ because we miss you and understand,  both at the same time.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance