Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

@eth  👋👋👋👋️ How are you today? 💙💜❤️

Sending love to you both this morning @Maggie  and @CheerBear .

Mags I hear how deeply you are feeling the Pell decision.  I too am outraged and angry, but sadly not surprised.  What was pointed out to me last night by sil's mum is that the decision did not say he was innocent as such, but that there was reasonable doubt.  Just made me angrier.  The bottom line is he's still a free man and shouldn't be.  But I did read that there is a woman who has brought charges whose evidence wasn't used in the case just decided.  Which means a new case can be brought against him.   

I also have experienced the feelings when heard and believed.  My heart goes out to the victims of this man.

At one stage my mum wanted me to take action against the church over something that happened when I was in youth group - but it was long buried in my memory and eclipsed by more recent traumatic events, so I decided not to stir it all up.  For my mental health.  

Mum's a dedicated christian and member of the Franciscan order and there was a time (which she now denies) when she told me Pell was innocent.   Thank goodness her thinking has changed since.

Cheerbear really feeling for you too with not being able to visit unwell and well one and give your usual level of support. 

Trying times indeed.  Hope you both can find some small solace today with family and/or pets and that you get to sit in the sunshine at some stage.

Love you both xoxo

We were posting at the same time @eth . Thank you so much for your caring words and thoughts. I too have church related trauma, like you, other stuff overshadowed it.

I don’t believe this is the end of what will come forth for Pell. It’s just so dam tragic. Victims get a life sentence, he walks free into a monastery.

Anyway. Life goes on.

I hope today is good to you in some ways @eth . Take care. 💙💜💙❤️

The Fruffalos pic came through @CheerBear . Really made me smile. 👍👍👍💙💙💙

I would love to sit with you and counsellor too @Maggie. I had a very yay feeling at starting the new revolution 😁💪

Without knowing exactly, I imagine you have and will have an impact on the church and understanding of MI. You are powerful in so many ways though I get it doesn't feel like that often. Just quietly, I am a huge fan of f#@ the lot. It's basically a life motto for me now 😂🤪

Yay for radical bishop. That has such a cool ring to it 😊

I really appreciate and value our wee hour shares ❤

Morning @eth ❤ I feel hugely angry also. I'm sorry you have had so much trauma in your life. I hear you and believe you.

Love to you x

It's the best book @Maggie (a couple of books actually). Definitely one for the Littles if they haven't read it yet ❤

I'm going to head over to crafty corner to see if pics have come through yet then head off to watch kitten videos with miss middle for a while.

Lotsa love both/all of you 🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤

@Maggie   yes life does go on.  So difficult on so many fronts at this time.  I have to keep reminding myself when I get worried (to say the least, my head really does run away with possible scenarios at times) that there are things I can control and things I can't.  And to try to focus on what I can.  The old serenity prayer (not that I pray as such - I call it wishing) about serenity, courage and wisdom (that the AA movement uses) is really coming to the fore right now.  I learned a lot from a good friend about that stuff -  he defined god as good orderly direction - and it does work sometimes for me if I can think in those terms.

Love the picture @CheerBear   it would make a really good avatar.

I just tried changing it and the profile pic tool thingy is misbehaving. If I can't get my pic centred it starts fizzling my head haha! Back to Cheer Bear's belly badge as my forum photo for now 🙂

🌈

Look at these @CheerBear  Someone makes them. 👍👍👍

64F9816B-0360-408E-B3EE-5034415B1D38.jpeg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance