Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

Good morning @Former-Member @Maggie @eth @CheerBear @outlander

I hope you are all doing well today. I'll definitely have one of those coffees

Air quality was supposed to be better today, but it's not. It looks less smoky but levels are still above hazardous. My asthma has been difficult to manage, so I'm sorry for not being around quite so much. You all have so much on your plates. 

Thinking of you even when I'm not posting 🌻💚🌻💚

good morning @Maggie @CheerBear @Former-Member @Molliex @outlander   sending best wishes and hope that today is one of the better ones.  Coffee number 2 here!

Hope last night went well for you @CheerBear 

Take care all xx

@CheerBear  Sending a coffee, some sparkly boots, and a pansy. No response needed, just letting you know you are in my thoughts. 💜💜

E0DA0E4B-95E8-488A-B800-FD66AB781A5C.jpegD0D51134-8AEE-46DE-8B55-5DAA7C3A17D0.jpeg1DE1C0F4-C141-43F7-828A-DE2BB2FBC8B7.jpeg

Morning everyone 🙂 I've missed you all the last couple of days.

Things here have been a bit up and down, but overall I'm starting to feel a bit better (more stable maybe). Rest, chatting to others a bit, a few laughs, some little going-outs, and being removed from the stress of stuff has made a difference. I'm heading home for the weekend. We have movies and Santa photos to do. I'm looking forward to it and to seeing how I go over the weekend. Discharge from the break place on Thursday and looking forward to that too.

Thanks for the tags and messages. It's nice to hear from you guys and sorry I'm not replying much. I'll be back properly soon.

@Maggie I am down to two cups of coffee a day (on my laptop so I can't add the shock horror emoji haha!). First one right now. How's yours going?

Big love to all.

@CheerBear  Soo good to see you, when you can. We understand you can’t reply as much, you are in respite after all. 💜💜

Home for the weekend, and discharge on Thursday. Please go gently. The cleaning organising doesn’t need to happen straight away. Movies and Santa photos sound great, and enough. 

Two coffees a day @CheerBear 😲😲😲 I actually only have three, and in the morning. A kick start to the day. Second already done here.

Helllloooo @Maggie! It's so good to see you (hearts if I was on my phone haha)

I'm going to try super seriously hard to go gently and just enjoy this weekend. Only thing that needs to be done is some grocery shopping before I come back on Sunday. I realised how much I fry myself trying to organise and keep it all under control, and how unhelpful it is (not rocket science but difficult to break that habit/coping mechanism).

Three sounds like a pretty good number to kick start. I was having way more than that and pretty sure that wasn't helping either lol.

How have you been? What colour has your world been this week?

Missed you lots x

@CheerBear  💙💙💙 I used to plough through a whole can of coffee a week not so long ago. Way over the top. So I try to limit my intake, though lately it’s had some extra addictions.

Coping mechanisms are hard @CheerBear  specially when you are in the drivers seat all the time. No back ups leaves super organised brains no other way out. Manybe pace yourself when you go home. Take some time out for you.

My world is still in the 🖤🖤 but can be dark grey at times, that’s at least a slight improvement. Gotta be grateful for small mercies. 😁😁

Missed you too.💜💜💜 But it’s really important you look after yourself as much as possible atm, and after the break is over. I’m hoping family might be supportive, understanding, caring, seeing. 

I'm a control freak times about a bazillion @Maggie. It's so hard to let go but I am trying.

Family supportive. Sibling big time. They took annual leave early and have been playing seriously good parenting role. Doing school runs, meeting with teachers, making healthy dinners, trying to get kids into routine - it's incredible how much they stepped up and I will forever be thankful for that. Others, not so supportive but perhaps that's because sib is being so helpful plus unwell person being unwell. It's stung a little as a quick text message or call wouldn't hurt and isn't that hard, but it is what it is.

I am glad to hear your world is a little grey at times (that sounds bad but I hope you know what I mean). Black without a hint of grey is ultra tricky for too long. I am hoping some rainbow or sparkle kind of colour isn't too far away for you.

How's today looking for you? Counsellor today?

Yey for sib @CheerBear . Big Yey. 💛💛💛👍👍 Maybe others find it hard to see the real. Put blinkers on kind of stuff. Their stuff more important perhaps. Or just can’t/won’t face it. Hope that’s not harsh. Then.........

Yes, counsellor today. She calls every few days, and will try anything that might be helpful, given the time she has available. Soo grateful for her, big time.

Ive been painting for the fundraiser, so been busy.

I’m a control freak too. 👋👋👋👋👋😁😁😁😁😁 Had you noticed????

There could be so many reasons for the difficulty others have in supporting @Maggie. It's hard to keep that in mind sometimes and to not let it lead to "I'm an inconvenience, not worthy, too hard etc". I had one super bad, big ouch moment when I asked for a very quick visit while they were 5 minutes from here seeing the little crew and was told they didn't want to. It stung lots. Two hospital admissions, 4 break place stays now - zero visitors. I'd be there in a flash for anyone if the situation was reversed, but I guess MH stuff is still very hard for some to understand. Again, trying super hard not to have the hurt get too big and to be thankful for any support even when it doesn't look the way I wish it did. My little vent/share of some deep pain stuff.

So good you have counsellor. It makes such a difference to know she will try and to know she hasn't given up and is there no matter what, by the sound of it.

Yay for painting! I started a craft thing with magazines. Was going to turn it into a cool canvas but it needed sharp craft tool I was told I couldn't have. Scissors under lock and key too which made it too hard. We're allowed most stuff but still some is a no no. So it has been yarn-ing for me, with kids safety scissors lol.

Control freak also - knew there was a reason we clicked haha 😉😆
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance