Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

workthisout1
Casual Contributor

Still just dont understand

I have previoulsy posted as "workthisout" however cant find my log-in details, so now posting as "workthisout1".

Feeling yuk!  BP wife still not medicated and I have been told once again to leave the house.  Has also returned expensive jewlery to me like it means nothing.

Just dont understand how things go from fine to being hit by a missle for no reason.

Im exhausted, I have nothing left.  I need to stay for the kids, I just cant break thier hearts by leaving them.

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Still just dont understand

Hi @workthisout1,

Sounds like you're stuck between a rock and hard place. It seems like you're having to walk on an eggshells otherwise your wife will get angry. Smiley Sad

Does your wife have a psych? Or do you have any supports? Are you able to take a short break, even 5 mins to get some fresh air and some time out?

I found your other thread here  and thought other people who you have spoken with such as @pjc11 @Ant1 @BPBear @Lucky2015, might want to know about this thread here.

CherryBomb

thanks CherryBomb.  No psych, she refuses to see one and no the kids and I have no support.  my break is when I go to work for 10hrs each weekday. sorry to sound so down but I am just exhausted by the merry-go-round.

Hi @workthisout1

What a dedicated family man you are.I do recall your prior username.. and I only remember bits of your story.. so please forgive me if I ask the same questions that you have answered previously....

You mentioned that you do not have any support Would you be open to seeing a counsellor or psychologist. Looking after your own wellbeing must be a priority at times like this... which might sound contradictory, given that it's your wife that's unwell - but without your wellbeing, working, being a wonderful father and a caring husband will be more challenging.

In terms of your children, how are you finding they are managing the situation? The only reason I ask is because there's a great organisation called COPMI for children who have a parent with a mental illness.

May I ask, how old your children are?

Wow mate, I know exactly how you feel. I too get my only break during my long hours at work. Chin up bud and as wrong as it seems to be writing this, i take a little comfort from the fact that someone else is dealing with similar issues, as I too am staying for our child.

Thanks NikNik. I have help now, just needed to vent. I think no matter how much help you get sometimes it feels like you can't change what is and I guess you can't so once I accept that I generally move on with it.

Hi @BrokenHusband and @workthisout1

The Merry-go-round sounds exhausting and not very merry at all.

These questions are for both of you (sorry @workthisout1 if you have answered this elsewhere):

How are old are your children?

How long have things been like this?

I ask these questions just to get a better understanding of where you are at. 

@Lamington recently joined and is/was a carers for her husband, and like you, was feeling drained. You might want to read her story and connect with her. I'm not sure of what her latest update yet. 

Thanks @BrokenHusband like you it overwhelmes me knowing I am not alone, something you can't find without great resources like this forum. All the best 'mate'!

@BrokenHusband not sure if you read my story a few months ago under my profile @workthisout interested to know if you can relate in any way to it? Only reason I now post under this new profile is that I lost details of my previous login details etc.

Wow, just read it. Whilst it's not exactly like reading my own diary, the numerous similarities are extraordinary. I wonder if you also have issues with your wife 'self medicating' with alcohol?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance