Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Sharing my life with Ms Sophie (Bipolar II)

@Former-Member @Determined @Tortoiseshell I am exhausted now and feel as if sleep may come soon which is great 

I have resolved to try to phone the Sane call centre tomorrow and chat to someone - I need some support to get through next couple of weeks - is the call centre at Sane able to provide some ad hoc phine counselling for carers in these kind of situations or do they only do referrals ? 

@Sophie1 

Sending ever so gentle thoughts your way. 

Recognising and naming these emotions as well as calling out our not so healthy coping behaviours can be empowering and can provide new awareness, insights and perspectives.  

No referral is needed for the Sane counseling. You can also get a number of free phone counseling sessions through the Carer Gateway without referral.  

@Sophie1 

Thinking of you. Trust you were able.to get some rest last night and today is manageable for you. 

Thanks @Determined  - and Thankyou for listening last night was hard for me - I eventually read myself to sleep with my sci fi book Around midnight - now just feeding cats and making coffee - and rushing for 9am meeting - then midday today I'll take MsS to gp .. feeling ok this morning just super tired and a bit emotionally blank which is nice actually 

Gp went well - MsS now has a referral for psychologist which is great and also starting HRT for first time which will hopefully help with mood too 🤞

pharmacist also gave me some over the counter tablets natural ish I think to help me relax and sleep at night and advised me to change when I take my daily medication to help me sleep at night .. I also got a nice essential oil mix to add to my vaporiser .. 

Hope that all works for you @Sophie1 and you can get some good rest with the changes. Positive changes for Ms S also.  Just arrived home here after having to head out of town for some training so more than ready for bed. 

Hey @Sophie1 please do reach out to the SANE Help Centre if and when you need. They definitely provide single session or ad hoc counselling/support to carers. Here is more about what they offer as well 🌻

@Sophie1  thinking of you. 

Hello @Sophie1 

Checking in to see how you are going.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance