Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Sharing my life with Ms Sophie (Bipolar II)

Hi @Former-Member @Determined @Tortoiseshell  i reached out to the SANE helpline yesterday and they were so helpful and informed re challenges of carers .. Thankyou for your suggestion to reach out - it helped me a lot - just a sounding Board and some ideas re expectations and next steps

I have found a psychologist to try out Monday next week for me and will get a mental health plan for that tomorrow morning from my gp 🙂 .. for me .. 🙂 

MsS has her new psychologist on Saturday so fingers crossed 🤞 that goes well 

I am exhausted and for once may fall asleep at a reasonable hour - relief starts finding therapists for us both I think 🤔 

goodnight folks xx

@Former-Member @Tortoiseshell @outlander @Determined @Shaz51 welcome to a couple of new forum members I met this week - @Kate12 @SoS this is my little thread where I update my stories as a caregiver 

MsS has a chucky migraine Saturday so no psychologist for her - has been moved to Sunday this week ... 

Latest re me -  i saw new psychologist for me today and it totally didn't work for me - she told me the answer to my problems was to drink hot milk before bed and did I realise that staying in bed wasn't good for my partners depression 🤔 ??? Who would have thought ???? Anyway the way she said things and the manner was really not working for me - somehow I felt more anxious and stressed after talking to her than I did before hand .. I also felt unheard as she wasn't taking notes properly and kept re asking questions I'd already covered off .. and then some other items I won't mention as they may trigger others were raised by me and dismissed by her in a sentence 😥.. I felt really misunderstood and annoyed ... so anyway I emailed her afterward and said I'd pay the bill and Thankyou for trying but i didn't feel the connection ... I will try someone else next week - so draining tho tell someone your story and struggles - first appointments are always history taking so I knew that .. just not looking forward to having to start all over again ... I'm only in this situation too because work EAP program won't give me anymore session 😶 and so I have to find my own counsellor or psych - but I am determined and will keep reaching out - I need a physical person to support me 

So disappointing when there is no connection @Sophie1 ☹. Hope therapist take two will be a better fit for you 

I’m so sorry that happened but you are right don’t give up you need this. I had to find a new one and it takes time but worth it x

Thinking of you @Sophie1 images - 2020-07-18T061705.789.jpeg

images - 2020-07-18T073439.195.jpeg

Hi @Former-Member @Kate12 @Determined @outlander @Shaz51 

Good news this week I have found another Counsellor and tried her out this week - she was a great fit and we really clicked 

also great news MsS tried her psychologist out and she was a great fit too so we are both feeling more supported 

now the hard work starts of changing habits and making our lives more liveable and hopefully enjoying it more too 🤷‍♀️😊

on the crappy side I have a cold and so did the covid test this morning and now waiting for results 🤞🤞🤞

that is good news @Sophie1 

but I hope you feel better soon Heart

Hello @Former-Member , @Kate12@Determined@SoS 

Oh that is good news for the both of you. Having a safe place to download and process is so helpful.

Hope you feel better sooN and results are all negative 🤞

Hi @Kate12 @Shaz51 @Former-Member @Determined covid test negative so all good here today 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance