Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: SPRING-Clean Declutter - Need Help

I have been out looking at our shed.

Have arranged to borrow Dad in law trailer Monday for some trips to the dump. 

Trips into our shed are fraught with danger - need to watch for redbacks.

Oh don't  remind me,  i hate to think whats waiting for me back home. Empty for so long.  But i know what to do now when i go back.  Everything's gotta go

I manage to half fill out wheelie bin and recycle bin out of my office today. Problem is I can't really see where it all came from.

A lot of boating and fishing magazines. Some text books. Study notes and a box full of old computer leads. Have 3 large storage cartons left over that are now empty.  Another large pile of stuff that can go back to my mum. If she what she doesn't want will also get dumped. She doesn't toss anything though it will probably end up a cockroach habitat to be dumped in 20 or 30 years time when it is time to clean out her house lol. 

Tomorrows task will be to get our front boundary (~100m) and drive way cleaned up.

That is most likely going to be a full day job. If time left over some trees to prune and cobbler pegs to weed. 

Cleaned out dog bones from the freezer taking them to a neighbour, our dog hasn't shown interest in them.

Also started cleaning the oven, is going to be a job done in a few phases. 

Cleaning the oven is something darling is pleased she doesn't have to worry about at the moment. We have not long replaced ours.

Worked out cheaper to throw it away and put in a new one than maybe fix the old one. New oven is also so much easier to clean than the old clunker.  

We are both finding it so much easier to unload stuff when there is the prospect of having to move. Which reminds me, I still have the old oven and cooktop sitting out in the shed. Have to find a way to squeeze it into the wheelie bin as the council want $10 to dump it. 

Is there a metal recycler who would pick the oven up for free or could you put in on Gumtree or the like as a freebie @Determined

Metal recyclers will be more keen if there's a full load to pick up. If doing it that way, it would be best to see if there's other scrap metal items to dispose of first. If you've got anything copper, that would be an added incentive. Prices for copper are better than for steel.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance