Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Sirine
Senior Contributor

New life

Hello all my lovelies 💜  had my first day back at work and it was wonderful.  I was a little tired when I got home but still enjoyed it.

I am taking it slow only doing 8 hours a week for now.  I will take on more in time.

Still waiting to hear from realestate regarding new house hopefully tomorrow will be the day.

Hoping you are all doing well and if not I always have an open ear.

Bubbles xxx

12 REPLIES 12

Re: New life

Wow @Sirine ! Good on you! 

I'm so happy to hear! You sound like a new person! Only not too long ago, there was so much anxiety.

You are such an inspiration and I admire your strength. 

Way to go @Sirine !

Since I stopped drinking it's like a switch has gone on. I'm more present.  It's hard to believe I wanted to end it not that long ago.

Thanks for your support @tyme I'm going to enjoy this for as long as it lasts.  I know the moods come in waves so right now am surfing lol. And I know you will all be here when the dumper comes. 

Thank you so much xxx

That is so promising to hear @Sirine .

And yes, you are right in saying you are surfing the waves right now. But the main thing is, you have launched out and taken up this challenge. That's the hardest part. You have done it.

I am willing and ready to surf the waves with you. I'm not a very good surfer, but I'll try.

tyme

@tyme I've never surfed in my life lmho the best I did was sailboard for 3 metres. Glad your coming with me and never forget I'm there for you too xxx

You're so awesome! @Sirine 

@tyme so are you hun. I think our purpose in this life is to find our own awesome xxx

Hey @Sirine ,

Did you work today? How are things?

I'm surfin' with you! 

Hi @tyme  no work today but got confirmation that I got the new place woohoo. Madly trying to organise stuff and waiting for lease to be emailed so I can break the lease here. I can't wait to get out of this house.  

It's all happening hun but I've frozen a bit overwhelmed.  People letting me down ggrr.

Work tomorrow though so that will get me back on track.

Hows your day sweetie 😘 

Hi @Sirine we haven’t met I don’t think. I vividly remember coming off alcohol and finding how incredibly different everything looked. I learned mindfulness and the importance of being present in rehab. And the value of prioritising (you can’t do everything all at once) and it sounds like you’re all over it. My thoughts are with you. Keep the updates coming.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance