Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My new-ish diagnosis.

@Former-Member  I can really relate to that quote. yes for me it is similar most of the time when out and about in public i look reasonably normal but then when i am home alone if someone saw me it would probably really freak them out. the eating disorder stuff is really hard to deal with and I think not many people understand that even amoungst professionals. i am not sure what the answer is but i can really empathise with finding staying silent less hurtful than asking for help or speaking out as in my experience speaking out has only caused more hurt for me. obviously i cannot speak for others experiences but it is totally valid to feel hurt and betrayed by the system if that is what happened to you even if it didnt happen to anyone else if that is your experience it is ok to not trust it or to feel hurt and upset. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thanks @Eden1919  The system is a large part of why I am even ill in the first place, it has done a lot of damage and caused a lot of suffering. But as I have to say it, that's my experience and its also my experience that I'd rather never have been in it or involved with it. Same with other systems for me. 

Hi there @Former-Member 

It is the moderator here. I am just following up your earlier post about not wanting to ask for support here. I really encourage you to keep posting about your lived experience on the SANE forums. And I an confident that other community members will still provide support. We all hope that you are also able to get the support you need both here and from off the forums.

regards

Whitehawk

Former-Member
Not applicable

The other reason why I will not be asking for support of my own here, is because I am not the type of person who can be helped or supported by peers. It isn't fair on them or on myself. That's no offense, it is just the reality for me and I have to learn to accept it. I am too far gone to be able to benefit from peers, and as has been made obvious far too many times already, my explicit lived experience isn't very appreciated nor appropriate in this type of environment, never mind the fact I have no supports and no access to them clinically or otherwise in my real life. It doesn't belong here in an environment where we are supposed to encourage peers with less experience to get help, and I have no choice but to put up with that, so long as it isn't smeared in my face, I will continue to whether I like it or not. 

So I will only be having general interactions and providing to others where my lived experience doesn't violate the guidelines. 

You can of course hope all you want, all I am saying is that hope alone is useless and laughable. 

Hey @Former-Member,

When moderators jump in a thread it is always with the safety of members, community, and any member of the public reading the thread in mind.

It sounds like you are thinking about how you can use the forums in a way that works for you and is within the guidelines. If you have concerns or feedback about the forums, please email team@saneforums.org

Just a reminder as well, it's important for people to be able to express their experience and feedback around different services, including SANE and the SANE forums. However, repetitive criticism of a service will start to be in breach of our guidelines. Anyone can read more about that here

Take care,
Tortoiseshell

@Former-Member  Well I am glad you at least saw my reply it seems to have been deleted. I am sorry you are finding it so frustrating to find a balance with being allowed to express yourself and the guidelines I also struggle with that. I hope you can find something here that is useful to you. 

@Whitehawk @Tortoiseshell  I am not sure what was wrong with my post I did specify it was my own experience but it has been deleted and I did NOT receive an email with an explanation. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

Sorry about that @Eden1919

Former-Member
Not applicable

Forced inauthenticity. 

@Former-Member  Don’t worry you didn’t do anything I probably didn’t word it right as long as you saw it then it doesn’t bother me the message got there in the end. 

@Former-Member  You do what ever you need to do we will be here if/when you feel ready to come back. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance