Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My life partner has Bipolar ii

I think you are awesome toooooo @Former-MemberHeart

Feeling the love from each of my truly wonderful forum friends @Shaz51 and I am fortunate to count you among them.

All of us have different gifts we bring to the table and I know that because of our 'conversations'  that somehow the load is less heavy. 

Thinking early in this transition phase I am again experiencing new and different emotions. I just need to hold the negative reactive feelings in check and allow the positives to prevail. 

Thinking of you @Former-Member and trust that this 'transition' phase can go as smoothly as it can for you. 

@Former-Member

Hope things are going ok for you in this new chapter.  Have been thinking about you and Mr D. 

thinking of you lots today @Former-Member HeartHeart

Thanks @Determined @Shaz51

Not sure if we need to trade in our manual car and get an automatic, plan on looking at a vehicle tomorrow as we have an appt at nearest major centre. Have a problem when Mr D drives (but not when I do) that seems to occur when he slows down. We have had car checked twice and mechanic could not find a problem.  I am wondering if it relates to Mr D not changing down gears properly as I noticed on a couple of occasions he was at quite a speed when he dropped down gears.

Today only Mr D drove vehicle and we seem to have an additional issue, this was possibly related to him being in too high a gear when he cornered, but once again cannot be sure, so will need to get car checked again this week. Our car is not old and I am quite agitated about these problems.

Underlying concern re: car is that if my suspicions about gear changing are correct it could be another instance of some functional loss that Mr D is having or an indication he is not doing so well mentally as this may have happened since the reduction in one of his meds. I may well be wrong, so I don't want to jump to incorrect conclusions.

Fortunately the timing of this issue is serendipitous as it falls in with when we would be reviewing a change in vehicle in any event. 

That would be concerning @Former-Member

I would certainly find it difficult not to jump to conclusions in a similar situation. 

The car we looked at today was not suitable for us. The dealer suggested an alternative which sounds promising that they are expecting will be available by the end of the week. 

Disappointing @Former-Member

Was going to ask how the car shopping went. 

Hopefully the next one will be more suitable.

I hate car shopping. We had our last car for over 13 years and only upgraded because my boss had one for sale that I liked at a price I could afford... Looking at my log book in the new car the other day our old baby would have over 400,000 km on it if we still had it. 

The car my darling drives is also borderline classic that we purchased from family over 10 years ago. It only has low km though so will do us for some years yet. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance