Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My life partner has Bipolar ii

hello @Sophie1 , @Former-Member , @outlander , @Determined , @Corny HeartHeart

@Former-Member, do you try to do things that Mr darcy says , or do you think about things he says and work out the best way to go

hope this makes sense my friend xx

I think I am too much a people pleaser @Former-Member  xx 

Always think about what he says @Shaz51  just as I would not expect him to do everything I suggest.  I don't know of any two people, irrespective of their relationship who agree 100% with each others ideas. 

I think it important to let the other person know that you can see things from their perspective and then put your point of view across. Sometimes it pays to delay the conversation and have it later.

ie   Dearest Darcy, yesterday you suggested that we .. if I understand you right it is because  .... I have been thinking about it and feel that these points are of concern/ it is a great idea but .... or ... it is a great idea and let's go for it. For us to be as to do so we might have to make some adjustments, what suggestions have you got to help make this happen? 

thank you @Former-Member Heart

sometimes i am unsure of myself and then you reassure that what i am doing is totally right

as your last post , I do this and I will continue to do this Smiley Happy as I think it helps mr shaz too

Hi @Former-Member 

Does Mr Darcy punishes himself by saying I should of done this or I should of done that after he has done something

@Sophie1 , @outlander , @Determined , @Corny , @greenpea 

@Shaz51 Mr Darcy does have regrets which crop up on occasion, some are quite historical. 

Yes same here @Former-Member 

It is very rare that Mr Darcy wants comfort when he is ruminating @Shaz51 

Ah ha @Former-Member 

I do the same thing @Shaz51
its like self chastising I find..
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance