Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Life can be a Pain

Tske care @Owlunar xxx

Hi @BlueBay @Zoe7 @Shaz51 @outlander 

I am at home now - I spent the night with my daughter and her husband and seeing as the Lock Down forbids visiting this little visit was necessary as I had sedation and they would not have done the procedure had I not gone to her place afterwards

When I got home I was really cold - I had left the heater off and this place does get really cold - and I couldn't seem to warm up - I walked up to the shops and got some essentials as my shopping lady the previous Friday had bought enough carrots and potatoes for a family of four and not got other stuff I feel is important - I am going to try on-line purchasing if my regular helpers are unavailable and this are uncertain with the lockdown

But I did get hit with stress - I had kept it all under control for weeks with the pain and the tablets that made me feel spacey - which I stopped taking - but the news that most elective surgery would be cancelled - now that was really tough - but the thinking part of my being could see that I could only wait to find out - and for me it did work out okay but I really feel for many people who will have to wait with painful conditions like hip and knee replacements - and shoulder replacements - not good at all

But I did have the procedure and my pain is different - I have pain in the needle sites but the pain caused by the crepitus (bone on bone) has ceased - and I am feeling so much better - the stress all came out yesterday afternoon and that was not fun at all - but I rode it out - and at the bottom line that is all we can do - I think the medication for the twilight sleep made that happen

And that sleep was interesting - I started talking and I can't really remember what I was saying but I couldn't feel any pain and I was so relaxed I kept saying how great I felt - and I hope that's all I said - I mean - we all have secrets we never want to share but I am sure the doctors and nurses already know everything and have heard everything - though I can be original

The Lock Down will get to everyone - it won't be easy but it's better than getting the virus - my parents and grandparents all survived the Spanish Flu and then no one knew how to manage the situation - and it was drastic - I am sure it seems terrible at the start of a lock down - and we are months into it now - and what to come is harder - and we all have a nemisis with this some where - 

All the best with that everyone - I am tired of the trite comments - I feel it is passed being cheerful and time for philosophy - I am glad I had two weeks in Cairns last September - it's nearly a year ago - and that time has flown by

Dec

This is meThis is me

This is my new meme peeps

Dec

This is my new meme peeps, -- love it @Owlunar Heart

thank you for the update xx

I had morning tea with mum, aunty and cousin this morning 

wet and cool up here 

my cousin drove me home , i was walking in the rain to the house ( a slight slope) and I slipped and landed on my back on the grass 

got up and went inside , had a shower 

but now i amm feeling very sore 

@BlueBay@Zoe7@outlander 

The further restrictions for you and all there in Victoria must be so hard @Owlunar but also so necessary. I find it so frustrating and SO selfish of those people that will not obey the rules on this. They are putting lives at risk. I wonder how they would feel if they were in the shoes of those families that have lost someone to this virus. The rate of community infection and the amount of deaths is incredible and the only way to stop that is to restrict contact between people. I am so grateful to our govenment down here to put in those restrictions so soon as they did - it made so much difference.

As @Shaz51 

What a bummer  - falls are not a good thing  - I hope you are not too sore  -  and that happened after a pleasant outing too  - with welcome rain!

Take it easy today and rest the achey parts if you can  - I am sorry that happened  - but it did :face_with_rolling_eyes:

Dec🦉😷

You're right @Zoe7 

Some people are selfishly stupid and some people have died and most of these people were vulnerable  - aged care facilities here have been poorly managed  - really tough for all concerned

The lockdown is tough  - 7 days total isolation was a tough ask but I  had a choice  - I could have foregone my procedure  - people here can drill go out for essential reasons and I think we need to concentrare on that and wear a mask  - I have some cloth masks ordered and plenty of disposable ones until they arrive 

Living on the island state has it's advantages  - people will find it harder to jump across Bass Strait than cross other borders  - it sometimes seems to me that some people flout the rules because they can

Thanks  Zoe 

Dec🦉😷

There certainly are advantages of being on the island @Owlunar We are covid free at the moment and are able to move around freely everywhere. The initial early and tough restrictions here worked.

I agree the aged care facilities have not been managed well in your state. It would be hard for families to not see their elderly members but even harder to lose them so I know what I would prefer.

Hello my friend @Owlunar  😊 

I have been slowly catching up on your news from the past 6 weeks.  But please be patient with me if I have missed any important happenings.  Actually speaking of important happenings ... I missed your birthday last month.  Although as soon as I returned, I did post a belated birthday message on the birthday thread.  I hope you got it, because I posted a special picture there for you.  An owl of course!  And yes I do like your new owl meme ... very nice.

Well ... its been a difficult and eventful month for you Dec.  Birthday, daughter unwell with L5 back pain, another shutdown, a hospital admission.  Its all been happening for you.  And as always you come through in your usual bright and positive fashion.  Very inspiring.  Of great importance however, is that you have had your procedure on your poor shoulder .... and you are now (as I understand it) pain free.  🥂   At least in that area.  I have little doubt you still have all the other usual aches and pains continuing.

Anyway, not a long one this time.  Really just wanted to reintroduce myself to you for now. And I have a new thread, if you are interested in visiting.  I think I tagged you into it one day last week?  Not sure, but I hope to catch up soon. 💕

Emelia 🌸🐶

I'm sorry @Shaz51  i just saw this post from you.  i am sorry you fell and hurt yourself.

are you okay now? how is mr shaz?

thinking of you today, hope you are having a nice Sunday.

hi @Owlunar  been thinking of you, hope you are doing okay.  

I went for a one hour walk with my D and little A.  She decided she wanted to sleep in her pram.  so we rugged her up and she did fall asleep. the sun is out which is nice, a bit cold.  

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance