Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Life can be a Pain

I appreciate the thought @Owlunar Thank you Heart

@Owlunar  💙💙💙🦉🦉🦉

Hi @Maggie @Zoe7 @Shaz51 @outlander @BlueBay 

It's been wet and cold today but the sun seems to be trying to shine and that's good

I slept in again - I love the sound of rain on the roof and that is the best sleep induring noise I can imagine - I must look to see if I can find an app for that

The cold weather has triggered off some aches in my body where I have injuries - not my lumbar spine or my knee where I have had treatment - which really seems to be working

My grand-daughter and I were texting this morning - that was fun - I do miss her since she moved to the Sunshine Coast and my winter trip there won't be happening but I am making plans - as well as a few says in Qld I am thinking of going to Canada to see my cousins the Southern Winter after the corona virus pandemic is over - I think it's important to have such an adventure in mind

I emailed my elderly relatives in Tassie yesterday but as happened the last time I tried it was sent back to me byt the Maeler Daemon - which means they must have cancelled their internet service which must be hard for my cousins - I think I have my cousins' phone number somewhere - I am feeling concerned about that

Okay everyone in Victoria and other affected places - time to put our clocks back and hour tonight and get an extra hours sleep - I always feel a bit jet-lagged which people interfer with the time but going back is better than going forward - for me - anyway

Something that has occurred to me is that we have been asked to use less paper but lately my bin gets full of paper towels very quickly with all this hand-washing going on and there is just me here - what is this like considering the population. And also the extra water usage - at least we have had plenty of rain through March and so far in April - 

But we all do what we can

And I have had my flu shot - we should, we all need - to get the flu shot this year

All the best everyone - I have good news and not-so-good news lately - I won't repeat that pharmacist this morning - apart from asking me if I had the flu shot she wanted to ask questions about my medication - I don't always answer those questions now - enough said

Have the best Saturday Peeps

DecYeah - I'm a bit creaky today and I needs a real coffee - mmYeah - I'm a bit creaky today and I needs a real coffee - mm

@Owlunar  Sorry the cold weather has brought on more pain for you. Warm heat bags might help if you can bear the weight. It’s tricky.

I got a bit excited reading you are considering going to Canada @Owlunar . I have a friend who was there just a few years ago. She showed me slides. It’s breathtakingly beautiful, as I know you know. Blue iceberg . Mountains, sunrise /sunsets. They did a lot on foot, so managed to see some hidden beauty. I really hope this works out for you @Owlunar .

Cold and wet here also. I too heard the rain on my roof this morning. Lovely.

I’ve been mixing some paint, trying to get the colours out of my mind and into a pot ready for my next project. Messy fun.

I might head to the kettle for a drink. Dropping one off for you @Owlunar . 💙💜❤️💛💚

Hi @Owlunar 

its a funny day. Sun comes out but then it pours down. Tried earlier to walk but instead I decided to set up 4 things to do like a gym. 
my boys are missing their gym sessions and they decided to use the garage as a gym. But of course hubby has to move his car outside. And he wasn't happy because he washed it yesterday. Bad luck. 
so my D and I did a 30 min workout. 
I made some banana and oat pancakes for afternoon tea. They were yum. 

Sorry you're in pain with this cold weather. planning a holiday is a good way to plan fir the future. 
my D uses an app for little A to sleep. It's a rain noise. She has it on all night. It's a soothing noise. 

after this virus goes away I'm going to plan a little break fir hubby and I. 
we are also thinking of going to the Sunshine Coast again with our daughter snd A. We also were talking of the Gold Coast but I think A is still too little. She won't remember it. 

im glad you keep in touch with your granddaughter. You sound like you are very close to her. 
xxxooo

Hey @Owlunar How are you going?

Hi @Zoe7 

I am okay - I have enough contacts with the world and today I went to the shops to mail a letter and get a few things from the IGA - 

The dhhs provides weekly phone calls to keep in touch with people over 75 who live on their own - I haven't needed the service until now but now I will because I am not getting out much and any contact is a good thing because of the coronavirus and social isolation

I have plenty to do - atm I am listening to the news on TV and keeping in touch with you - I am glad you are still here - somethings really test our resolve but it's best to stay with the forum family - even if we need to take time out

Do you know yet if  your school will be open next term and if you will be teaching - the news is contradictory and when we have a press conference it seems they ask the same questions - I would like to ask my own but I am glad I am not in a crowd anywhere

I just deleted a chunks of my message - okay - I think we all need a long term aim to fulfil when the crisis is over - I hope to go to Canada to see my cousins - I have wanted to for a long time - the thought of flying over the Pacific from Melbourne to Vancouver is daunting - maybe I will break my journey at Cairns, Hawaii and LAX - but I am a British Subject and entry into Canada would most likely be easier - lots to think about

What are you planning for Easter - I don't know if I will see my family - I have had some of my workers in so I don't know why I shouldn't see my own daughter and her husband - I have Easter gifts for them - my daughter doesn't have a sweet tooth but my son-in-law does

All the best Zoe

Dec

We are still closed for next term but children of essential workers and those that cannot do home schooling (for many reasons) will be attending. We do not know what it will all look like yet but so far we have 63 kids that parents have indicated will be at school. Some are only for a couple of days a week while their parents are at work and some are fulltime. We will be both teaching them at school and the others online so it is going to be interesting (and thst is an undertstatement!

I think it is great you have a goal in mind for when this is all over - and what better than a trip to see family. You have talked about going over to Canada before @Owlunar ...and if these times have taught us anything it is do what we can when we can - so happy planning.

I want to thank you also for supporting me - it meant more than I can put into words ...you certainly find out who your real friends are in the midst of conflict and you were there for me ...so from the bottom of my heart Thank You Heart

Thanks @Zoe7 

It means a lot Heart

And in the past you have suported me too - sometimes things can get heated and we do need to have someone who understands and stands up for us - I was glad to be able to do that

Dec

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance