Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: How do triages work please?

Hi @Sophia1 , thanks for the reply but it doesn't matter, not like the triage will ever help me although my Psych reckons they should but hah, good luck with that. He's the only professional who helps and who cares.

@Former-Member  This is a complicated issue I found the following which is a page on the Vic government site for mental health

https://www2.health.vic.gov.au/mental-health/practice-and-service-quality/service-quality/mental-health-triage-service 

from what I can understand this service is meant to be similar to the one in my state it is a general service that encompasses both crisis services and assessment to send you on to further services if needed. I assume if you are not in crisis they would have to assess your referral which could take some time and if they assessed it as not needing further follow up they may just not contact you at all. It might be better if you asked your psychiatrist for a referral to the local community team if there is one in your area then you may bypass the triage team however the local community teams tend to only treat the severe long term cases so depending on your history they may just refer you to a headspace or something similar that deals with more mild issues (I am not saying your issues aren’t serious but these services are stretched thin and anyone they can give to another service they will) I don’t know if this answers your question at all but I hope you can find something helpful soon.

Hi there @Sophia1 thanks so much for your post, we respect it's an important topic most definitely. Just on the note of moderators amending posts if needs be - whilst this is how some other mental health forums manage posts that break guidelines, here at SANE Forums we encourage the members to do an edit themselves. This is something we're reviewing ongoing with the leadership team, and we are always open to feedback as to which is preferable (mods editing posts vs members doing it themselves) feel free to flick us an email at team@saneforums.org and we'd be happy to provide some further insight if needed 🙂 

I would encourage everyone to re-read the community guidelines if possible. Whilst there's no repetitive criticism of service offering yet, the convo is leaning that way; we need to ensure we are not discouraging other members, perhaps even guest users who are looking for support for the first time; to avoid accessing services. Each service offering will vary, it's very challenging that there is this inconsistency but we hope the royal commission into mental health will ensure a more consistent and valuable service offering for people managing mental health issues in future. Thanks so much everyone for being understanding of the forum guidelines, if anyone needs clarification or support on them please reach out to us at team@saneforums.org

Thanks for the reply, sorry for tagging you and others. Doesn't look like I'll be going there anyway, I'm just confused because one person (professionals) say this, then another says a different thing. Sorry but thanks. @Eden1919 

Hello @nashy 

Thank you for taking the time to sensitively reply to our conversations.

I definitely will take on board what you are saying.

I am actually always open to looking at situations from many angles.

I love debates.

I have also re-read my response to the threads and can see how it does sound as though I am looking to start a virtual placade protest.

This in reality is not the case at all.

If I can say this in a different way, I would say to @Former-Member @Former-Member @nashy @Sylvester @Eden1919 and any others who might have been on board during that previous conversation:

If you believe in something strongly then do not give up because the general, popular response differs with yours.

Stand by your beliefs and be true to yourselves.

At this point I will now add, find ways to promote these strong beliefs in a safe, considerate manner.

I will not take this further as to how..

I wanted to reinforce do not give up on yourself because there has been a setback, questionability, negative response, no response; 

dig deeper, retain that passion and reach out.

As for on these forums in accordance with community guidelines is most appopriate and I for one am happy that they are there to reign in people like myself who can at times become over passionate with my responses, lost in the moment, not thinking about guidelines.

Stay safe all

💚

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance