Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: HOME

Hi @utopia wasn't sure where to post this, but believe you may have been spotted taking a selfie...

https://youtu.be/WEFdjqt9nOA

utopia
Senior Contributor

Lol @Former-Member. I'm everywhere

Zoe7
Community Guide

Hiya @utopia How is life treating you?

utopia
Senior Contributor

Hello @Zoe7. Life is good.  Very slow drawn out day today,  but otherwise things are going well.  Depression doesn't have it's grip on me. 

How are you?  How is school?  Principal being helpful or a hindrance? 

Zoe7
Community Guide

That is such great news @utopia So very pleased for you - has made my day Smiley Very Happy

Work is going okay - the principal is still sitting in on all lessons but I don't care about that at all. I have asked to move schools and everyone involved thinks it is a good idea - just have to wait probably until next year to find out where I will be going. It is a bit scary the not knowing and the waiting but I need to be out of that toxic environment too - so there are ups and downs for the move.

utopia
Senior Contributor

@Zoe7 I think a new school will be a great new start.  Just as you deserve.  I hope you get a new school to start at the beginning of term1. 

Zoe7
Community Guide

I will have a new school by the beginning of term 1 but I may not know where until nearly the beginning of the term. It is difficult to get organised when I don't know where or what grade @utopia. I need to have another conversation with HR before the end of this term though. I am also feeling a bit of relief along with being a little scared at starting with a new school - although it will be a fresh start for me the unknowns will be hard to sit with over the next couple of months if I don't hear anything sooner rather than later.

I have my pdoc and psych appointments tomorrow so I can discuss some of my fears.

utopia
Senior Contributor

Woud be good to know what grade you will be teaching. @Zoe7. But no matter what grade,  you will be a brilliant teacher. 

Zoe7
Community Guide

awww thanks Hon - I certainly hope so @utopia These last few weeks have given me quite a few hits in the self-esteem department (as if I needed to feel any lower) but the last 2 weeks have also given me back a love of teaching (despite the added pressure from the principal). I have found that love again despite the situation I am in and that is shwing me that I should be doing this job and even more importantly that I can do the job. Time will tell if I can sustain it longer term - and I will continue to keep my eye out for different opportunities - but for now I want to go back to the job.

utopia
Senior Contributor

So glad to hear your passion for teaching has come back @Zoe7. Yes,  you CAN do this. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance