Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Jupiter
Community Manager

Re: HOME

Stay strong @utopia

Zoe7
Community Guide

Supposed to be quite a bit of snow on the Mountain over night @utopia. Will hopefully be visible tomorrow and I can get a photo to post for you Smiley Very Happy

utopia
Senior Contributor

I'd like to see a photo of that @Zoe7.

Been up most of the night. Asked for a sleeping tablet at 3am. No. We don't give sleeping tablets after 2am. What the?

So 5.30 I'm wide awake.  Can't go outside in the pouring rain to smoke - as smoking on weekends starys at 8am - not 7.30 like the weekdays.

Can't watch tv in my room because room mate snores like a rhino. And i have to wesr ear plugs. Can't watch tv in lounge room til 8am , because it will disturb people. 

Finally got outside for a smoke and stood in the non smoking area - while 8 other smokers tried to gather under the smoking area that only fiys 2 prople.

Want to do my washing because half my clothes I packed are dirty. I hand my washing powder to the nurse - not allowed to have it in our rooms. And she says the washing machine have been changed.  The hospital supplies the washing powder and it dispensrs automatically. 

Have asked the last 3 days how I am going to wash my clothes.  No one can give me an answer yet.

Today is my firdt double dose of the mood stabaliser. 1 in the morning with my anti depressants and 1 at 6.30 at night after dinner.

I'm bored. But at least I'm whinging.  

utopia
Senior Contributor

@Zoe7. Settling in?

Feels like this place has become a prison. New rules everywhere. 

We used to have 4 courtyards ' 1 was for smokers.  Now there is only one small courtyard that gets about 2 hrs of sun a day.

Zoe7
Community Guide

Whinge away @utopia - seems like there have been a lot of changes and it will take you some time to get used to them - that sucks - I hate change so can totally get how you are feeling Smiley Frustrated

Not sleeping is an issue and not having access to things that usually distract you is also - hopefully tonight you will sleep through the night - maybe ask for a sleeping med esrly so you do - we both know how hard it is to function and get through the day when we haven't slept!!!

I hope you can get your washing done today but I understand that is going to be hard with them supplying the washing powder with your allergies - surely there has to be a way that can be done with your washing powder - you may need to hand wash some things...at least that would occupy your time lol

utopia
Senior Contributor

Hadn't thought of that @Zoe7. Hand washing would be good  - fill up time.

Just did art class. Had to do our own distorted Picasso portrait.  My least favorite style. But I had 2 big noses and a giant blood shot eye due to my allergies. A wide mouth that was screaming - with fangs.  I can be scarp tongued (toothed) at times.

Won't be hanginh on my wall. But I didn't mind doing it. 

Are you doing any art this weekend? 

Zoe7
Community Guide

No art for me this weekend @utopia - I don't have the room presently to do any. My house is a bit of a mess but I am trying to do a little each day. I am still waiting for my garage roof to be done - then I can do the walls and tidy it all up to move things presently stored in the house into the garage. That will then free up room for me to get my painting underway again and hopefully begin a new papier-mache project (a rocking horse).

I am going to watch my football team play this afternoon - playing your team lol - I am not expecting we will win but I am expecting that they put up a good performance.

Handwashing is tedious but will solve 2 of your problems - getting your clothes washed and the boredom. Can you still use the machines on a rinse and spin mode - that may work with your own washing powder - just have to use the same setting twice - once to wash and once to rinse....just a thought Smiley Tongue

Owlunar
Senior Contributor

Hi @utopia

I am sorry things went downhill for you - and glad you are in hospital but it really sounds that they are making things hard - maybe to discourage further stays - I don't know

I don't smoke now but I did in the past and it is really hard to be restricted as hospitals do now - I know it gets to be the only thing you can think about and it would be helpful to be allowed a smoking area with some sun - though in Melbourne sunny days can be rare - today is not a sunny day but you alfread know that

Whinge away Utopia - let the irritation out with us here because we understand

How long before you have the right to go and stand on the road to smoke - that is a rough choice

We are here for you Sis - I am

I guess you need some clipart so I am looking

Sheesh - I really need a smoke but I can't so I had better chew on - ah - bugger - whatever this isSheesh - I really need a smoke but I can't so I had better chew on - ah - bugger - whatever this is

Dec

utopia
Senior Contributor

Love the image and the caption @dec. GGave me a smile.  I can smoke outside on the road / footpath.  I get 15 minute passes. I told my psychiatrist if he didn't approve this, I would discharge myself.

Too much going on in your head when you come to hospital - to have to struggle through nicotine withdrawal. 

Thanks @Zoe7. Be careful on that ladder if you are going to take a picture of the snow covered mountains.

Zoe7
Community Guide

Can't see the top of the mountain today - covered in clouds @utopia but will get the ladder out as soon as I can see it - if there is snow. Smiley Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance