Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Getting worse by the day, need your help

Hello @impulse101 Welcome to the forum.

Panic attacks are the pits. I'm sorry to hear that you're dealing with that. The bulling and public shaming sounds horrendous and having gone through those experiences would knock anyone's self esteem and health around.

I have had a lot of labels, and seen a lot of gps, psychologists and psychiatrists, from 15 to 45, before making real headway. I understand your question about whether there is the possibility of happiness and normalcy. Yes, things can get better. 

I eventually found health professionals that were a good fit for me. Labels are only useful to me if they help me understand my experiences and find ways to feel better, which I did eventually. It's worth persevering on that front. I still struggle, but I feel more at home with myself than I ever have.

One thing you mentioned was sleep deprivation. Lack of sleep is my #1 trigger for mental and physical health troubles. It is worth trying to find a good gp who understands mental health and being honest with them about the current stressors in your life and the effect lack of sleep is having on you.

Health professionals aside, I also get what you're saying about having friends and how fulfilling that is. One thing that the forum has given me is more confidence, because people are accepting and there's a real 2 way exchange, so your presence matters. I am a lot more confident outside forum land now.

Take care.

Thank you so much for the responses! I've read and taken each of your advices by heart and I feel a bit more confident knowing that treatment worked for most of you.

Yes, I do feel a bit run down these past few years. I've put on a some weight and haven't been taking care of myself. I almost always choose the easy way out when faced with a fight or flight situation, turning me into an escapist. I spend most of my days diverting myself from having bad thoughts pain, discomfort, labor, into bad destructive habits like watching movies, mindless internet surfing, playing video games and what not. My life needs routine, discipline and good habits. Funny thing is, I know what I need to do, but can't act on it.

Anyway, thank you all. See you around.

Hi, 

If you have tried antidepresants before and they haven't helped then you should definitely look into ADHD, go talk to a pyschiatrist, they will definitely be able to help you.

Sending hope and kind thoughts.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance