Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Eating disorder and more - need a shoulder ......

Quietly poking my head over here @Faith-and-Hope after reading a little on LE side this morning. Just sending you thoughts and love. It's massive for you all 🙁

Thanks @CheerBear ..... mend the world that you have .... 💜🌈

Auocirrect Fairy changed “on” to “in” in the LE thread, so it’s not quite that, but it might as well be, cos it’s wrapped around my D2, and looks to have been for at least months.

Anyway .... it is what it is and just gotta step up to it regardless.  It was never gonna be easy, no matter what happened.

Thanks so much for being here 💐💕

It's inevitable that they come @Faith-and-Hope especially while talking about a settlement or the welfare of the cubs because the caring load doesn't sound like it has been shared over the years. I don't know how it works but maybe you aren't required to say anything and you can just say, "my lawyer will send you the particulars", and work through them. Of course they cost $$$, and any profession that charges in 6 or 3 minute blocks is just appalling if you ask me, but anyhoo that's just my opinion. 

I don't think he will be covert or calculating but I don't think he will be dumb either. He will spark and spit some expectations, but stand your ground. 

Psychologically I think it would be really healthy to give him a piece of your mind when the cubs aren't there and vent some of your feelings. Not all confrontation is bad, it doesn't have to be aggressive, just assertive and frank. I have seen other people not have that opportunity, and the partner has disappeared into thin air without having a chance to voice some of the hurt, gone straight into another relationship, and the person left turned all the hurt on themselves and sunk into a very deep depression. They were susceptible to depression to begin with, but when nothing is said and you are left with your own mind, all your insecurities can rise up and just fester.

I would steer clear of social media, email your best buds, and schedule time to actually pick up the phone and have a conversation instead of it always being through text. Don't have his new life rubbed in your face. Block websites or disconnect them, in time you will forget they exist as you begin new habits and they start to become part of a new routine.

Breaking bad habits can turn things around and be really healthy. Send Christmas cards to your friends this year to remind yourself that people really care about you, you want quality over quantity and the older you get the better judge you become of who has the capacity for reciprocal, respectful friendship. 

It feels yucky having to do all this legal stuff but it is necessary. I wouldn't be putting blind faith in anyone, and I remember you saying that you knew in your heart of hearts that if the shoe was on the other foot and you began to develop a MI, that he would not have stuck around and supported you so whole heartedly.

It isn't a matter of it all becoming bitter, but about keeping your dignity and self respect, if you lose that it is so much harder to bounce back.

Enjoy your morning coffee. I have had to run around closing everything up as Sydney is full of smoke and it makes me cough,

Corny Heart

@Corny, @Faith-and-Hope....
Unfortunately with NPD I'd say confrontation has to be approached with caution. I know that the NPD ex-friend I had could be quite vicious, and "anything you said could and would be used against you". Often with the bare facts being re-presented in the most damning way possible. Sometimes truth mixed in with lies, sometimes the ugly portions of the truth presented with all redeeming factors stripped out to make them look as bad as possible. You have to watch that you don't give out ammunition that will be turned back against you. 😞
Am watching quietly how you're going @Faith-and-Hope... lots of love. Heart

Sending gentle thoughts your way too @Faith-and-Hope 

Thanks do much @Corny @Smc @Former-Member 🙏💕

@Smc you are right on the money with who he has become.  Just setting myself up for more grief if I interact with him any more than necessary beyond this point.

@Faith-and-Hope  You never fail to send my thoughts spinning with all you struggle with and cope through, even when the coping is the toughest.

I’m really hoping your holiday is good in many unexpected ways.

My thoughts are with you. 💜💜💜💜💕💕💕💕💕

❤️ @Maggie .....

@Faith-and-Hope   💐💐🙏🙏  here also. 

🤜🤛 @Determined  ....

I saw you there yesterday too @Adge, thank you ....

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance