Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Phear
Casual Contributor

Don't even know what i'm doing here

I've been diognosd (car'nt spell for peanuts, so i hope you can put up with me, cheers) with Schizophrenia for 11yrs now and was told i may have been suffering undiognosed for 20yrs or more the meds i'm on are high doses and stop most of the symtoms most of the time life sucks it doesnt matter were i am but unless im talking there is no coversation from other partees. this leeds me to disasociate from the world but leaves me with nothing to do but be by myself. dont even know why im bothering to tell you the reader any of this, spose deep down im hopeing for some words of wisdom, cheers.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Don't even know what i'm doing here

Hi @Phear and welcom to the forums,

I'm sorry to hear that you feel so alone, I've often felt really alone and isolated from the rest of the world... like somehow i'm not a 'real' part of anything. But im getting a bit better with that mostly. There are lots of great people on the forums here who have been through similar life experiences and diagnoses, and lots of wisdom to share (i dont have any though lol) For me, I have found the forums really helped to lessen my lonliness, plus people here really do 'get it' in the way that people who arent living with mental illness really cant.

Hope you stick around the forums and that you find some companionship and conversation here!

LJ

Re: Don't even know what i'm doing here

Thanks LJ

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance