Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Daughter Catatonic

So it's time for me to step back and focus on my own health and wellbeing and hope that one day our relationship is rekindled, ---- yes that is soo important my @Krishna to look after ourselves , it is hard , and we are her for you if ever you like company or a chat Heart

@Anastasia@greenpea@Faith-and-Hope@Smc 

what things do you enjoy do , hobbies 

any furbabies xxx

@Shaz51 I'm a green thumb, so much of my time is spent pottering around my garden with the birds and the bees. I also drive the 1 hour to the coast each week to float in the ocean. Always makes me feel a lot better. I love to read and crotchet which is good therapy. No fur babies at present. Came across the Wim Hoff breathing technique recently and that helps immensely. Highly recommended plus a few minutes under a cold shower in the morning eases my anxiety. Pretty much an introvert these days but am fortunate to live in a small mountain village so there is always the beauty of nature to engage with. I just miss not having a relationship with my daughter but have a very loving relationship with my son. Although he lives at the other end of the continent, he calls me weekly to chat. He's missing out too as he and his sister haven't spoken for years. 

we have some great thread if you like to click onto them like 

Self care by growing a garden 

Re: Inspirational Arts and Crafts 🌄🧫✏️🖌 

The Community Garden 🙂 

sending you understanding hugs as I have 4 step children who are adults now but live in all different place in australia , we keep in touch each week , love for them to live closer xoxo

Hi @Krishna. I'm taking @Shaz51,s tag as an invitation to introduce myself.

I'm a keen gardener too. Have just come in from converting some twiggy waste into kindling size bits as part of an autumn clean up. I find the garden is a good space to think, pray, whatever. It's healthy being surrounded by life and growth.

We're in a small creek valley town, so different topography, but the same sense of being in the natural environment. We're right in the middle of the town, but we back onto the creek so we share our territory with the local natives. Black tailed wallabies, assorted reptiles (with and without legs...
we watch where we step during summer...) lots of bird life and insects. And too many possums. 😛

Too far from the ocean for swimming trips... I envy you that one. Love the beach. Our "fur babies" are two bunies and a guinea pig, plus a chook. Reading and craftwork have gone a bit by the wayside in recent years, but I want to get back to them.

We've got four kids, three adult ones plus a teenager. Our adult daughter is the one with serious MI problems. We've almost got the opposite problem, where she can be too dependent on us. Other two adult ones are sons, teenager is a girl.

Hello @Krishna 

Short on words but always lovely to see you. Take care and don't be a stranger. Loving hugs xox

@Anastasia ❤️

@Appleblossom  AFD7E7F6-AECA-4AD1-BDB9-FA039846BB77.jpeg

I like to search for old prints at op shops and breathe new life into them with acrylics x

Wow @Krishna  That is beautiful, immediately I could tell it was from your phone.  I love the respect for beauty and old materials.

Heart

For you and your daughter.  The sadness in the world makes it much harder.  I know 2 mums with daughters with the same name as my girls, who has also estranged herself from me.  On the weekend I sat with one of the girl/women who is also born in the same year.  For a strange reason, it helps me hold the hurt.  She is a very different human being tho.   Sadly there is still a lot of mother blame adding to the intense responsibility we feel anyway.

Art helps me.

Heart

I like to search for old prints at op shops and breathe new life into them with acrylics x ---- that is beautiful @Krishna Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance