Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Carer Caree

I am a carer caree. That it to say I take care of my partner who has schizoaffective disorder and she takes care of me, I also have schizoaffective disorder. Together we make an unstoppable team of positive energy that can overcome anything. On the rare occasions that we are both down, we have amazing support systems in my parents and her mother who lives with us in our home.  Together as a family, we can overcome anything I feel.  As a carer I have to deal with all of the same stuff as any other carer through the filter of my own illness. Thankfully I am on a great medicine and psychotherapy regime that has kept me stable for over a year.  My partner is also stable right now so times are good.I pray to God things continue on this path. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Carer Caree

Great to read your post. @Former-Member

I identify with schizoaffective disorder but not officially diagnosed.

Glad you found someone who gets you.

I had the difficulty that my ex husband with Scizophrenia did not realise how much he demanded me to get&fix everybody's problems, but there was inadequate support for me and I did fall apart ... but finally getting it together again ... with a few veteran scars ...

Good to see your posts around the forum.

Apple

Smiley Happy

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thank you @Appleblossom

My ole tomcat has similar facial markings to the one in your pic. @Former-Member 

Smiley Happy

Former-Member
Not applicable

That is my kitten Baby Lilly Bean.  She is a great kitten.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance