Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Stephanie86
Contributor

BPD and me

So when I was 15 I was diagnosed with BPD, it's caused me so much grief. 

I've since been diagnosed with 5 other illnesses on top of this one. 

It's made my life so hard, I have the worst luck and I'm always anxious. In a different post I posted about my husband having terminal cancer. I've become his full time carer and a full time single mum as well. 

The stress that I am going through is setting my whole body and mental illness into super overdrive. I'm stressed, terrified, angry, sad, anxiety is in overdrive and I'm exhausted. 

I'll be meeting my psychiatrist tomorrow and I hope he can help me find a happy medium. There is so much going on I can't regulate myself or ground myself properly. 

If you got this far thanks for reading. 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: BPD and me

Hi again @Stephanie86 . I'm concerned that you have such a lot to cope with. 

@Stephanie86 wrote:

The stress that I am going through is setting my whole body and mental illness into super overdrive. I'm stressed, terrified, angry, sad, anxiety is in overdrive and I'm exhausted. 

...There is so much going on I can't regulate myself or ground myself properly.

No wonder you are really suffering at the moment. It would be a lot for someone to cope with who didn't have any illnesses. 

I really hope that tomorrow's meeting with your psychiatrist is productive and helpful. Do you have any other supports around you?

Yes I do have personal support, like help with the kids but there is little support from the hospital.

@Stephanie86  I'm glad to hear you have help with the kids, as it sounds like you (or anyone) would need it. 

I'm sorry there's not much support from the hospital though. 

Good luck with your psychiatrist appointment today...

@NatureLover thank you turned out it was a psychologist but it went really well. He's putting me forward for a psychiatrist as well.

@Stephanie86  I'm glad to hear this! The more support for you, the better, I reckon. 🙂

Definitely need the support

Dear @Stephanie86 ,

You are very welcome here to receive as much support as you can.

We're all ears and heart 😉

How are you feeling today?

BPDSurvivor

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance