Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Anyone started with the NDIS?

Hi @Queenie   The way I interpret it is that they will renew your plan and give you funds to last the 2 years, but based on the same goals as your current plan.  And yes I believe they are doing any necessary reviews by phone.  I'm not sure how it is decided who gets the extension automatically and who has to have the review.

@WriterMelb  that's a great resource for Victorians you posted above.  Really sorry to hear your plan was renewed with a drop in funds.  Did you have a review or planning meeting for this already or was it auto-renewed?  Are you planning to appeal their decision and do a "Request for Review of a Reviewable Decision" as they call it?  When my 2nd plan had a bit less in one of the categories I decided not to get a review because when you do that they review the whole plan, not just the bit you are dissatisfied with, and the rest of mine was adequate.

I am now just having 1hr of phone support twice a week with my support workers.  As opposed to 8-12 hours weekly face to face before last week.  The positive I see is that by the time I am able to go out again with them we will have so many hours 'banked' that we'll be able to do some full day-trips or even possibly do a bit of a holiday with support worker.  

Today I applied to Woollies (they have a form on their webpage for this) for continued home delivery, which they will do for approved people who are elderly (seniors card) or disabled (pension concession card - which I have).  I should know in a couple of days if I'm approved.  Apparently Coles will introduce a similar system within a few days.  I really think the NDIS needs to introduce an ID card for participants.  There are lots of people with NDIS and valid disabilities who do not have the DSP from Centrelink and therefor don't have a concession card.  Apparently you might be able to do the above if you have a Companion Card, because you have to have proven life-long disability to get one of those.

Thinking a lot about all the NDIS crew on the forums.  This might be a good place for people to ask questions about their concerns.  If I can't answer someone else might be able to.

@Shaz51 @greenpea @Appleblossom  @Faith-and-Hope @outlander  I can't remember who else has NDIS or is trying to get it at the moment.  Please spread the word about this thread where you think is appropriate.  Thankyou x

Copied and pasted from The Growing Space   @Queenie @WriterMelb  and anyone else reading this ...

"BREAKING NEWS WITH MORE DETAILS (slight changes: not 24 months, but 12 months)
Direct from the NDIA

"Update on participant COVID-19 measures
The NDIA is making some changes to the plan review process in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
If a participant has a scheduled plan review, the NDIA will contact them by phone or email to undertake their review.
As part of this plan review process, a participant can discuss having a new plan in place for up to 24 months.
In addition, the NDIA will be making changes to NDIS systems over the weekend to make sure participants have the funding they need during the COVID-19 pandemic.
To ensure participant plans don’t end, on the day a plan is due to expire, it will be automatically be extended by 365 days.
Previously these automatic plan extensions were for 28 days but will now will be 365.
Participants who have plans that expires soon, do not need to do anything to have their plans automatically extended by 365 days."

Also
The Support Coordination line item will be available for participants to use from Core, even if they don't have Support Coordination funds already in their plans. Registered Support Coordinators will be able to claim (with participant permission of course) from Agency Managed Core funds and participants using unregistered Support Coordinators will be able to claim from Core if their plan is self or plan managed also.
Extra funds for this will not be automatically added, but participants can request plan reviews as per usual.  "

Hope this is helpful.  If you're reading this and know anyone with NDIS please let them know it's here.  Thanks  @greenpea @Shaz51 @Appleblossom @Faith-and-Hope @outlander 

Re: Anyone started with the NDIS

@eth @Shaz51 @greenpea @Queenie 

I am appealing the decision. I have strong support from my local NDIS Area Manager.

Most of  my supports my spouse has networked from the process started with the attached form. My spouse is my smart, strategic and VERY determined advocate). 😇

A shame she can't be bottled and shared!

WriterMelb

Go for it @WriterMelb  and good luck.  Not sure what you meant by 'the attached form'.

I posted this scan of a flyer that assists  NDIS applicatants with comprehensive support. 

Victoria only. The state gov pays for it.

8A7EC4D1-9824-4118-8D13-8B29EA71A4BC.jpeg

hello @eth 

been told to get on the NDIS if i can ???

@Heart@pip@WriterMelb@Queenie , @Former-Member , @greenpea@Kurra@MattyToo@Appleblossom 

Hi @Shaz51   if you have any questions you can ask me and I'll respond when I can.

Basically you have to prove that you have diagnoses which are 'lifelong and significant' and do an access request form with your doctor or therapist.  I'd suggest having a look over the NDIS website for info re eligibility and how to apply initially.  Just look at the 'understanding the NDIS' and 'applying' sections to start with.  The website is huge.

https://www.ndis.gov.au/

Hi @Shaz51 , 

just thought I'd pop in to add to what @eth has said a little. In my experience, the more reports you can get from your relevant support team (doctors, psychologists, psychiatrists etc- anyone who is part of your care), the better. It's also been good (although possibly confronting to actually see) to outline the worst case scenario, or how you are on your worst day. Hope that helps, but feel free to come & keep asking questions as you go. 

TideisTurning 😄 

Thankyou @TideisTurning@eth 

I sent a email starting the process and they have sent me a form to print out 

so i have printed out one lot so far 

made a doctoros appt -- next week 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance