Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A rough week - coming to terms with the past trauma

I too have times where I remember songs we sang @NatureLover or even bible verses
I like that one I posted because it's actually something Christopher Hitchens mentions. Dunno if you heard of him? Very erudite speaker and prolific writer. I recommend his work on both politics and religion.

Nah i dont read the bible. I know most of the stories.
I hope yoir day is a good one friend.
Be free 🙂

@MDT  I've never heard of Christopher Hitchens, will look him up. 

@MDT wrote:
Be free 🙂

Thanks, I like this very much 🙂

Thinking of you as you deal with your religious trauma and wishing you all the best...

I've realised just how much baggage there is

I was out and I couldn't handle it anymore.

Just at my old uni now chilling in the night here. It's a bit of piece and quiet but I can hear noise in the background

I feel so much right now

@oceangirl over here these days

Still going.
Still finding answers.
Doing alright.
Just gotta be better to myself

Update on where I am at now

- Still working on my applications to go overseas and study. It's really taking it out of me but I have a good letter to write to them. Had been getting help from the team.
- I have looked at my options if that doesn't eventuate and have some ideas written down but i can't do any of them til i find an answer for the above option
- in the mean time i need to try and live my life but there is so much pressure to
- i feel a huge sense of regret for the past number of years, regardless of the fact that I know I don't need to be. CBT is hard at that point.
- I have really got a hold of the things that have made me addicted or fixated and i've realised just how many coping mechanisms I have had
- i feel depressed but have no one really to talk to irl because everyone around me is either too immature or has their own issues or whatever..

There is a bit of anger I think, but way less than what was once there.

Maybe the gods are teaching me patience in this time of my life

But also to take ownership.

I have been broadening my horizons socially despite not having work and maybe in the end things will pay off.

I need to learn to be better to myself in both deed and thought.

Hopefully I can see the girl I was hanging out with a week or so ago. I was honest about my intentions and have not been shunned.

I wrote this the other day and it could be one of the best things I've ever written

"Regrets and fantasies are equally dangerous, for they are both taken from the same vine - the vine that wants what it can't have and what has already gone."

Something I must medidate on

@TAB @SmilingGecko @Former-Member @Appleblossom @NatureLover @Jessie21 @tyme @Rhye @BlueBay @chibam @Gwynn @AussieRecharger @Clawde @Eve7 @Historylover

Tagging some forumites I haven't spoke to for a while

My friend in her early 20s was telling me just the other day that there's so much pressure on your 20s to be the best years of your life, but you have no idea what you're doing most of the time and you're trying to do it all - all this with insecure work, no real path to secure housing, and having stable relationships??? Don't make me laugh!

When my grandmother was 21, she had two kids already!

@MDT, you're not alone in finding your 20s not all they're cracked up to be. I may have cracked a bad joke about body parts sagging but confidence going up as you age, but it caught her by surprise and she had a good laugh about it.

Sounds like you've got a plan. 🙂

Thank you for sharing @MDT,

You seem to have a very balanced view. 

Good on you @MDT . I think it's great to leave your options open, and know that if one option falls through, there's always another - it's okay. It's a part of life.

All the best with your applications.

Take care,

tyme

Thank you @tyme @Gwynn for your wisdom and support

Onwards we go hey

Over here these days @StuF
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance