Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A new start (kind of)

Firstly, can I ask what you meant by '..just the thought of it being a joke and I've made a fool of myself'?

If I'm nervous at an interview, I talk too much. I was fast tracked for one recently (they called me a day after receiving my app and resume) and interviewed me there and then on the phone. I was still in my jammies having a cuppa.

The thing was, it caught me off guard so the conversation was smooth and comfortable. I actually didn't know I was being interviewed. Go figure!

She said; 'Well, that'll do me, so when can you start?' I WAS NOT expecting those words. I actually sent in the app as practice so wasn't prepared to accept, however it made it easier to negotiate my wage and working hours. ($10 an hr above award and 2 days each fortnight! Yay!). (A perk of being over 55 as per Fairwork Australia) 

I guess what I'm getting at @Flying_Hams, is that when we're relaxed, especially if the convenor's easy to talk with, something just clicks. What [she] did with me was pretty sneaky, but it was far better than face to face. Whew!

Can you ask for a phone interview? Not feeling judged by looks or body language makes a world of difference. It'd be great if you had the option eh?

(Sorry I haven't been around lately, my Nan passed away and the funeral was today. I'm ok btw. She was in her 90's, lucid, lovely as ever and always surrounded by loved one's. She wanted a letter from the Queen but didn't quite make it. Bugger!)

hi @Hope4me great post yeah I saw that over 55s thing and good advice re interviews

.. and  ..well done re job ..

sorry re your nan. my father is nearly 95 no letter there, got one for being married 50 years tho

Thanks @Hope4me
Wise words indeed 🙂 sorry about your relo but it does sound like she was at peace with it all
Hey @TAB
i have a second interview today for the place who put it all on hold. Not til 2:30 though so a bit of time to prepare. Eating now.

take it easy @Flying_Hams  and hope it goes well 

Thanks @TAB E Cat

Hope you have a good day @TAB

You too @Flying_Hams a few chores/errands here then taking it very easy 😸

horay for taking it easy @TAB

Got rock tape for wrist , etc food, Kmart $29 heater, got stuff done @Flying_Hams

Nice one @TAB
I am just taking it easy before I head off.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance