Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A new start (kind of)

Roads blocked ie not allowed to use @MDT all good no one seems bothered

Meant stuck at work was supposed to go home tomorrow morning lol @MDT

ah okay @TAB
you have a place to stay?

Yes, camp. Was always going to stay tonight but looking like will be here longer as Nightshift people couldn’t get here @MDT

Utterly terrible atm.
Need a sleep. Early wake up turned me into something terrible. Probably won't go out tonight though. Not enough money

So I had a bit of a sleep/meditation.

The one thing I realised was that I'm pressuring myself into going out tonight. Why? Because I keep telling myself I have to. Why? Just because "I should". This isn't a reason. I realised I'm pressing myself into going because of some form of urgency. But with my mind so focused on trying to "do things" I am losing track of myself.

I had to remind myself that these things are still there. It's not going anywhere. The reason I don't want to go tonight? I don't want to. That's all. Plus I have very little money to spend. This past two weeks have been exhausting me of all energy. I am hosting my own thing next weekend anyway sort of. Again, I must ease into all of this.

Anyway.

@Shaz51 @Zoe7 @Sam3 @TAB @outlander @eudemonism @BryanaCamp @Faith-and-Hope

Constantly throwing myself under the bus like that isn't helping. And making decisions about things, thinking thoughts about myself and saying things when I'm in that space isn't helping either

You have been pushing yourself to achieve @MDT and that can become exhausting. Give yourself a break buddy - you don't need to be constantly doing things to feel like your life is fulfilled - sometimes the finding of peace within yoursrlf is sitting back and just being.

I’m hearing ya, bro - ditto! @MDT I wish I could delete any thoughts about myself then wow I’d be a new better person. I think my doctor thinks it might be obsessional thinking not just part of depression but either way I want it gone!!! 

You might be putting pressure on yourself partly due to learned patterns from childhood, school, your parents perhaps so maybe you can resist it! 

Indeed @Zoe7
I see my pdoc Monday and psych Wednesday. Can raise it at both.
But yes, right now it's a case of being stable "within myself" if that's making sense?
Recalibrate etc.

Even just changing the language around how I view myself is essential. Rather than "I should be doing this atm" I challenge it with better ways to motivate myself.

I agree @Sam3 about childhood and school etc. Train g my brain according to what needs to be done etc.

I am okay atm. I am safe and eager to fix the situation and this is all that I have to worry about.

Just rest in that fact
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance