Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: A long rave

I love it too @eth 

I've probably asked before, but are you familiar with Brene Brown's work?

Hi @Mazarita @Zoe7 ...

Yes @frog  I am.  I have the B R A V E acronym on my fridge beside the front door of my cabin where I see it every time I enter or leave.

I'm a fan @eth 

She has a free podcast series out: Unlocking us.

Not all of them grab me, but the ones on FFTs (F#$%ing First Times) and Grief seem particularly relevant in the pandemic environment.

Hi @frog Hugs to you Heart

Hi @Zoe7 Thanks for the Heart... back at you lovely!

How are you travelling @frog ?

Things are in such a state of uncertainty and flux that it's hard to answer @Zoe7 ! I had my first day working from home. It didn't go well, but maybe my expectations were too high. My daughter and partner both lost their jobs in the space of a week, and my other kid is homeschooling with mixed results! All happening. How about you?

It is pretty exhausting here trying to work out how we are going to cater for all our kids next term - whether they are home schooling or at school. We have one of our team working from home which actually makes it really difficult but there is something we can do about it. 

Sorry to hear about your daughter and partner - it is such a tough time for so many @frog I hope they are getting financial support and will be okay until this all eventually passes.

I think in regards to expectations - it is hard to balance home life and work - especially with a child home schooling. I am sure you will find a balance but it will take time - especially when new routines need to be established.

Hi to all here @Zoe7 @frog @Mazarita @Exoplanet @saltandpepper  and anyone else passing by.  Haven't got much to say this morning.  Early start and felt ok but quickly descended into bleh.  Some things in this world are so shocking but somehow not surprising.   I'm quite the cynic and some days it's only reinforced by reality out there.  Probably should just go offline for a while.  Catch you later.

Hi @eth 

I too am finding my feelings shifting in various directions with what is happening around us. Part or all of yesterday and today I have been worried again, about the future for us all, imagining dark scenarios that could arise, overwhelmed at times by how complex the results of all this may be.

Other days, hours or whatever amount of time, I find hope in the possibility that this is a big chance for we humans to find better ways of being together as part of the earth. Continuing to find things to laugh at about some things happening, sometimes afterwards I feel dark again. Processing different feelings, states of being, and thoughts, day by day.

Fatigue levels go up and down. Yesterday, today, very low energy, feeling pretty constantly that I want to sleep. Using the smiling mind app for short mindfulness exercises. Did the sleep one last night, followed by some binaural ambient music. Did the opposite of help me sleep. Works better when I can just drift in the armchair with the earplugs on.

Sleep is wildly all over the place, which is why I am finding it impossible to set any time and day for a real-time chat. Pen-friend mode is the best I can manage for now.

I sound so morose. I kind of am today. Things are not always this low. In some ways, perhaps the main ways and as usual, I am going okay.

Love to you, @Exoplanet@Appleblossom and all reading and writing here.

Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance