Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Jupiter
Community Manager

Re: HOME

So great to hear you are feeling better recently @utopia. You have been so resilient!
Zoe7
Community Guide

It is amazing how much a good night's sleep can change our attitude to everything @utopia.

So good to hear you have had a couple of nights sleep in a row and even greater to hear your suicidal thoughts have subsided Smiley Very Happy

I watched a little bit of The Bachelor last night before I went to sleep early. I find that show silly too but like the bachelor on it so may watch again lol

It was extremely windy and I wasn't feeling good so took meds early - didn't have a great night myself and still struggling a lot today - slept most of the morning and didn't make it to the pool - still tired and don't feel well so having a complete rest day today.

So pleased for you @utopia ..... the tide is turning ..... 👍

Love and hugs ❤️

frog
Community Elder

So good that you're seeing some positives @utopia Sounds like excellent progress. Hope you're keeping Mr Anker in check Smiley Tongue

BlueBay
Senior Contributor

So happy for you @utopia that you’re getting some good sleep. Wish I could get some good sleep. 

Thinking of you xxxooo

utopia
Senior Contributor

@Jupiter thank you.  At the time I couldn't see that there would be any way out of the darkness. But there is definitely a light shining somewhere nearby.

@Zoe7 @BlueBay - sorry to hear you are both having trouble with sleep. No sleep or little sleep really wrecks havoc with our mental health. I hope you both get a decent nights sleep tonight. 

Thank you @frog & @Faith-and-Hope.

I'm going on my first leave tomorrow.  Nothing exciting but might take a calmer med before I go - just to be sure. Yep. I'm going to brave CentreLink on my own. 

Finally had a shower and washed my hair and also got my clothes washed.

Just after 7pm and I'm so tired. The drawback of these new meds - extreme tiredness. 

Zoe7
Community Guide

Braving Centrelink on your own is a big deal @utopia - goodluck Hon - hope it can be sorted out for you quickly Smiley Happy

I have slept on and off nearly all day - but still hoping to sleep tonight - will have my meds a little later tonight and hopefully that helps. I had them really early last night because I wasn't feeling well - still not tonight but will push it out as long as I can.

So glad you got your clothes washed - and great that you have had a shower and washed your hair - all really positive things for you Smiley Very Happy

Are you going to watch The Bachelor again tonight ...I may tune in for a little while myself lol

utopia
Senior Contributor

Yes @Zoe7 - but I've renamed The Batchelor - The Cat  Fight.  Such nasty cruel women and the blokes not my type. .

Off to sleep.  Struggling to keep eyes open.

Zoe7
Community Guide

LOL - Goodnight @utopia I hope you have a long and restful sleep Heart

utopia
Senior Contributor

Hi all. Went to CentreLink this morning.  Was okish. Still don't understand it. But I will be getting more money - just a little less than before. 

Saw my psychiatrist today.  Feeling good. He's asked to speak to my mum - so I gave him permission.  Because she is being so rude and unsupportive of me at the moment and really rude on the phone.  He is going to explain to her the need for her to be supportive - to help in my recovery. 

I have a feeling he'll be in for a shock - coz mum is likely to be angry that he didn't fix me first time round. Will wait and hear what happens when I see him on Monday.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance