Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Dark Skies

I am glad to hear from you not matter what is happening for you @Wanderer .... sometimes just being able to tell someone (anonymously like this) what is happening for you, even in general terms, can help lift a little of the internal anxiety .... just being heard and being able to say “I hurt so much” ....

I am so sorry to hear it has come to this.  It’s a really tough place to be, and I hope things do work out.  Perhaps being separated will help your wife’s mental health issues become more apparent and she can come under treatment as a result.  That path may yet be ahead of us, but I try not to dwell on it in the hope that we will reach a diagnosis ahead of that time.

So hard to see the kids caught up in it and hurt like that, but we can only continue trying to do our best by them and see what comes of it.

Feeling for you @Wanderer.  I am glad your parents are with you for moral support and to help with your care .... please take care of yourself, and post again when you feel you can.

Hugs ❣️

@Shaz51 

X

X

SleepyPanda
Senior Contributor

Hi @Wanderer

I'm sorry to read that you are going through really difficult times at the moment. 

It may help if you try to focus on what needs to be done at the moment and not think to far into the future. It will take time for everybody to come to from recent events and then the healing can start and relationships can commence repairing. Please continue to share how you are travelling with forum members, we all take turns needing support and providing it.

Take care,

SleepyPanda

thinking of you and sitting with you @Wanderer HeartHeart

X

X

Hi @Wanderer .....

Please check the “flashes” in your peripheral vision with a doctor.   That is symptomatic of a problem with visceral detatchment, and can lead to a retinal tear requiring surgery.  I am not qualified to say that that is what it is, but it is a symptom that may need urgent attention.

I became physically unwell from stress at the beginning of the year, probably in combination with post viral fatigue.

It is really important to invest in your self-care to bring down the stress symptoms because they can get much worse.

Hearing you and caring about what you’re going through.  I hope your wife begins to listen and moderate her behaviour, and her need for the right sort of support is recognised.

Hearing you and caring about what you’re going through @Wanderer and sending you lots of tender hugs HeartHeart

@Wanderer Sorry to hear you have been going through stress in your marriage.  It certainly adds to difficult feelings. Hope you can take step by step and make the best possible decisions.

Just an old Pro Hart painting called The Farm Yard

Lotsa fencesLotsa fences

Take Care of you and your daughter.  You can get through this. 

X

x

So sad to hear it @Wanderer.  My experience has been that in counselling the true nature of the issues can begin to reveal themselves across a bit of time.  I am so glad that counselling is sympathetic to you.  It’s a start, anyway ..... 

I am in that place where a diagnosis over my spouse, although not a magic wand per se, would make all the difference in the world.  This, I hope for you .....

💕

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance