Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Advice?

Thank you. I have read through these earlier posts, and tried to contact an external place for help tonight, but unsuccessful. I hate bothering people so posting here is sort of my last resort.

@Former-Member

The advantage of posting here is that it isn't a last resort, it's a positive step for you because you are asking for help and there are so many people who want to listen. Keep posting Heart

LustStarrr
Senior Contributor

@Former-Member, how brave of you to reach out for help, & how disappointing you were unsuccessful this time. Don't let that dishearten you though. Help is out there, we've just got to be persistent sometimes. I know that can seem impossible, but I believe you have it in you. X
Sky
Senior Contributor

Hi @Former-Member,

How are you travelling? Hope you're finding people here are supportive and provides you another way to find more strength to look after yourself.

Warm regards,

Lunar
Senior Contributor

Hello @Former-Member,

Thinking of you and hoping today is a little easier? The forums will be around all through the break so you know that you have a safe and supportive place here as a back up Heart

Lunar

Former-Member
Not applicable

Thank you so much for your kind replies.
I am trying my hardest to keep busy, but struggling with instrusive thoughts!
I'm going to try make a plan to keep busy over the next few days, so I don't give myself a chance to feel down!
I do feel like this is a safe place for me, so thank you! I really do just hate bothering people.

Hey, I do that too!  I run myself ragged in an attempt to drown out my busy brain.  It's a bit of a bully, my brain, always reminding me of negative stuff when I relax for a second & let it wander.  I hope yours doesn't give you a hard time like mine does.

One thing I've found helps me tame my unruly brain a little is mindfulness meditation, I use an app called Smiling Mind: https://smilingmind.com.au/smiling-mind-app/.  It actually teaches you to trust that your mind can & will wander, but that you don't have to engage with whatever it's telling you, but instead can just merely observe it, then let it go, if it doesn't serve a purpose at that time.  That was such a novel realisation to me.  Don't get me wrong, I still struggle, some days I struggle a lot. . . but it's getting easier.

Perhaps your brain would benefit from it too?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance