Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: self care -- Food, Salt , Sugar , Water

We've heard some good things about keto @Appleblossom, a friend lost a significant amount of weight and is so much healthier since making the switch in diet, but she also did get into exercise around the same time with a fitbit and walking so it's difficult to say if the result is purely down to the keto or the combination Smiley Happy 

Hi @Shaz51

Thanks @Appleblossom

I've had a stressful day, with 100Km of driving (no notice) - due to work schedule change.

So I'm looking for some comfort food (stress eating) too @Former-Member

I have a little Bhuja mix (hot chilli flavoured) left, hopefully not too unhealthy (tasty)...

Adge

Actually I'm not all healed up (as suggested).

I still have the internal (dissolvable) stitches sticking out through skin.

It was the weight-gain (back into my healthy range) - that was the positive improvement. Unexpected.

Adge

It does take time @Adge 

Gently I guess

Smiley Happy

@Ali11 It was def the keto for a good 6-9 month that made the difference .. and gave him the energy and hope that it was worth doing the exercise, so now he is doing both.  Both of us have done heaps exercise etc ... over the years ...

Smiley Happy

That's a good recommendation there @Appleblossom Smiley Happy It's sticking to it for 6-9 months that is the real challenge, isn't it?

We tried the shirataki noodles in a stirfry and I thought they had a really nice consistency and will likely get them again.

According to the internet they are a lot cheaper at Asian grocers. They come in a watery sachet and need to be rinsed  under running water for approx 15 seconds before one uses them.download (29).jpg

download (30).jpg

Beginning of this week I made a conscious effort to 1. Have breakfast each morning (apple rather than coffee) 2. Have lunch every day. Something often missed. (Tin of smoked salmon or ham and tomato between 2 slices of cheese. And 3. Smaller portion at dinner + steamed potato rather than  mashed with butter and milk added. This also results in smaller portion of potato. 

While there has been no change in the scales I have found yesterday I am increasingly having to hitch up my trousers. May need a new hole in my belt. 😁

I have long ago correlated skipping meals with weight gain so this little win is encouragement to continue. 

Also have an upcoming appointment with a dietitian together with darling to ensure reduced intake is balanced with adequate nutrition. (And for me more consistent intake).  

I am planning on asking Mr D's pdoc if a keto diet effective in countering metabolic effects of APs.

Can I gently encourage each one of us to be mindful of what & when we eat today and to do what is needed for each of us to maximise our health outcomes.

@Shaz51  @Determined  @Adge 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance