Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: planning suggestions

Ooops- I was thinking you were in Vic. 😄 In which case you won't be going to the same hospital as me, but from what you've said, sounds like they're similarly thorough. Here's the NSW equivalent.

http://www.enable.health.nsw.gov.au/services/iptaas

All good @Smc 😆😆

Thank you ill take a look! I dont like being disorganised for these sort of things so every bit helps

Can i ask how your going today/past few days?

Former-Member
Not applicable

Don't think I can add too much more @outlander to what has already bern said, having a week or two worth of meals in freezer ready to go was thw first thing that came to my mind. Plenty of icecream 😀 for milk shakes or smoothies.

You may not be up to doing too much but having things to do after that don't take effort such as jigsaws, light reading, some of your art &  craft -  this site has some tips. 

images (59).jpeg

https://www.uaoms.org/best-activities-to-beat-boredom-during-wisdom-teeth-recovery/

thanks @Former-Member
ill have to find some nice soup recipies to try out in between now and the weeks leading up so i know what ones i like.

I hadnt even thought of activities to be honest so thank you! ill have a look. i may need to stock up on some movies

Is a bit full on at the moment for us. My Mum had an ER visit last night, but thankfully all well and she's back at the home; Older Daughter is going in for another private clinic stay next week, and we're trying to keep on top of life in general around it all. There's a few community and Christmas-ish events coming up that we really want to join in with, so it's all a bit of a juggle. We're also hoping to fit in a garage sale sometime soon, maybe on the state election weekend when there'll be a lot of people going through town to vote. We need to move on some stuff, and it's probably the best time to do it.

hi @Smc
sounds like quite alot happening for you. I hope your mums ok and your daughter finds her stay helpful.
having a garage sale when its most busy sounds like a good idea!

Thanks everyone for your support.

We ended up having 10 minutes to spare instead of half an hr because there was trackwork so it was quite stressful on the way there trying to get there before 10am. I seen a lovely nurse to start with for just vitals, then back to the waiting room for a while. I was then able to speak to the anaethetist, got a bit scary and full on then, she asked heaps of questions as expected and explained everything but she was nice so that was helpful. But....... we went from lets do a local and gas sedation which suited me find to now ill be in a major hospital under full general anaethetist with the breathing tube. What the hell? Apparently I am high risk for a lot of things so this is the safest way plus they have full facilities in case something goes wrong with other trained staff. They want to keep me overnight as well, so instead of being a day surgury in the dental hospital, I will be in the major hospital overnight. The new hospital is over 3 hrs away by train and about 4hrs by driving. It was advised to me that I stay in a hotel the night of and the night after im realeased to be sure im ok. So I need to book a hotel or something through airbnb for 3 nights (one the night before, one so family can stay the night while im there and then the night im released) and then went back out into the waiting room before being called into the dentist who explained a few more things and got consent forms organised for the new hospital etc.

oh and it wont be happening in january.february now as its a 3-6 month wait but they are trying to get me in asap. the dental team from the hospital i went to today only works in the hospital twice a month so its abit of a longer wait. , i need to wait for the nursing unit manager to give me a ring to confirm dates but its looking like its a little later in the yr and dentist has said if i need to go to the gp to get antibiotics and stronger pain relief when i need it. 

so there was heaps of stuff to take in today and my brain is abit frazzled from all of that

@Smc@Former-Member@Former-Member@Shaz51@greenpea

Former-Member
Not applicable

@outlander

Some hospitals have "out of town" accommodation for families a lot cheaper than a motel.

@Former-Member unfortunatly they only have that if we are from rural areas and over 150ks away. we dont meet that criteria and the area is expensive but im hoping itll be during the off peak season so itll be cheaper. once xmas is out of the way ill be able to start saving for then and also the nursing services after surgury, they said it wont be january or feb now so itll give me a little more time to get myself sorted out.

hugs @outlander HeartHeart

do they have a red cross accomadation near the hospital ?? just askin as I stayed ther while Mr shaz was in hospital 60kms away

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance