Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Arizona
Senior Contributor

What are you watching at the moment?

I'm interested to know what other people are watching at the moment on Netflix or other streaming services. I don't have a TV (it stopped working), I only have Netflix, and I can't find anything good to watch. I want to watch a good series that I can escape into. I generally prefer British to American television but I can tolerate it if it's well made, ie. I can't stand shows like "Two and a Half Men" and "Friends".

16 REPLIES 16

Re: What are you watching at the moment?

Have you heard of Kanopy? It's available for free through some public libraries and is another streaming platform with a lot of interesting movies.

I like sbs and abc iview

@Arizona @Gwynn 

Do you have ABC iView? I like watching backroads and Australian stuff.

can you name me one or 2 series you did enjoy so i can get an idea of what you like? I used to love house and Californication. 

Pretty topical actually. I'm in cartoon mode. "Rick and Morty" is going very well. Maybe one of the best shows of our time. Reminds me of how I felt when "The Simpsons" first came out.

I'm a bit torn over the new "He-Man". It's a bit game of thrones this time round. I was also torn watching new She-Ra. Things were taken away (like Bow's moustache) but given back in other forms (i.e. the classic Bow moustache was on one Bow's dads.) All in all, She-Ra was totally worth it but I'm still torn over being half-way through He-Man. Cast is steller, animation is nice and kind of classic and they're about to off another favourite character of mine and there's nothing I can do to stop them.

Hi, thanks very much for your replies.

@AussieRecharger I think I can watch ABC iView online (without a TV). I will tell you what shows I have liked in the past...

The Supervet 

The Crown

Midsomer Murders 

All Creatures Great and Small (original)

Pride and Prejudice 

The Bill

The Sopranos

Seinfeld

Seachange

My mind has gone blank. I can't think of anything else.

Hi there @Arizona  as some of your shows match with things I like to watch thought I'd add a few you might be able to access through IView and Netflix. Some shows finish their run, then come back again after a few months too.

Currently on iView that I enjoyed -

Mystery Road (Australian) and there's a prequel movie, Goldstone, that available on iView too- I didn't find it until after watching MR, which might have made it more interesting than if I'd seen it first. Aaron Pederson will be in a new show about Australia - Back to Nature - coming in August.

Smother was okay, 

South Solitary - movie - quirky interesting

Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries - Australian - love it, Essie Davis is brilliant, as are so many of the cast.

Fisk is quite a good comedy - I like Kitty Flannagan, also, Mad as Hell & Hard Quiz. 

You Can't Ask That - I like to watch these when they come around, some are hard to watch so maybe be aware of the subject for each one.

Harrow (Australian- Brisbane)

Hinterland (Welsh)

Vera (UK) 

The Brokenwood Mysteries (NZ) 

The Silence (UK)

There's a way to watch stuff through libraries too, I can't remember what it's called and don't have the link right now. I thought it was a different one from Kanopy, but I might be confusing it with something else. 

Netflix

You might like

Virgin River

Midnight Diner - subtitled as is in Japanese - lovely stories about people meeting in a Japanese diner that open at Midnight - feel good stuff.

Marcella - police detective 

Longmire - American, but not loud and smashy, lead actor is an Aussie, Katee Sackhoff is great (Starbuck from Battlestar Galactica) I almost cried when it finished as I enjoyed it so much.

The Witcher 

The Dig

There's probably more, but that's what I found in a bit of a look through. Hopefully, you might find something in there that's entertaining. Heart

Hi @Last-Lament 

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my post. I will have a look at the shows you mentioned. They sound interesting. I haven't watched television for years so I'm out of touch with what's on. I made a conscious choice to stop watching television and using social media. But then the coronavirus happened and I found myself in lockdown.

Hi @Arizona On B.i.n.g.e streaming tv 10 dollars a month is a series called Mr Inbetween 

lit an Aussie make low budget, and it's naughty 

just different than most the stuff out there atm

hope this helps 

from Clawde

You might like Belgravia, The Durrells and Sanditon on ABC iView, they're all interesting historical shows. I quite like Starstruck on ABC iView, it's a screwball romantic comedy which is just a nice escape.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance