Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

DelicateUnit
Casual Contributor

Tips and tricks for recovering from burnout?

newbie here! Hello!

I’ve found myself rapidly accumulating diagnoses this year having self-diagnosed as autistic, confirmed with a psych who also suspects I have C-PTSD. I’ve had significant anxiety for years now and a GP diagnosis of fibromyalgia. It feels like a lot to process. This time last year I just thought I was anxious and had bad posture 😂

I’m experiencing burnout currently and just looking for new ways to support myself while I figure out my brain and how to heal myself.

If anyone here has recovered from burnout or is currently going through it and has any wisdom or tips on what has helped them, I would appreciate anything you are willing to share 🙂

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Tips and tricks for recovering from burnout?

Hey @DelicateUnit 

Welcome to the forums, thank you for joining us and reaching out on here, I'm sure that many of our members will be able to give you some of their advice and share their experiences with you! 

My name is Amber22, and I am a Peer Support Worker here at SANE. I have experienced burnout before and it is definitely something that took a lot of self-care and self work to help me out of. I felt as if I was stuck in a bit of a rut and lost a lot of motivation to do anything, even small tasks that I would do every single day. I found that being aware that I was burnt out, and taking it a lot slower than usual and being gentle with myself was the best thing that I could do during that time. A lot of self-care and prioritising myself, and actually doing things that I like was also super beneficial. 

Feeling burnout is not easy, and it is really tricky to navigate if you haven't experienced it before, but it is good to notice some symptoms that you may experience at the beginning of feeling burnt out so that you can try not to get to the point of burnout again. You will get through it with lots of care for yourself, and take it as easy on yourself as you can for the next while until you start to feel a bit better. 

Sending my love, 

Amber22

Re: Tips and tricks for recovering from burnout?

Hi @DelicateUnit !

Welcome to the forums. I'm another peer worker here at Sane. Fortunately I haven't experienced burnout but I remembered reading about an author who started her own foundation after she experienced burnout/trauma. Her website looks like it has lots of great resources. I remembered this author as she wrote a children's book that my daughter was given. It was one of my favourites. It's called You, Me and the Rainbow, and it's about a little girl whose mum wraps her in the colours of the rainbow each night so she can sleep soundly. I actually use this myself sometimes when trying to get to sleep! The author is Petrea King and here is a link to her website. Looking forward to seeing you around here. 

https://questforlife.org.au/treatment/burnout/ 

Hanami ❤️

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance