Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

Yep, very true lil Sis @outlander 💜 💜 💜

Hi @Sans911 

I too am sorry to hear you are feeling like this lately Smiley Sad

Its a hard time for all with the lack of connection and this isolation, thank goodness for the forums though. 

It might be really hard to find purpose right now, because everything is so up in the air. But that can change, you can get that purpose back again.

If you do continue to have those SI and SH thoughts, there are the helplines you can call for some support

Lifeline: 13 11 14 or Crisis Chat

Suicide call back service: 1300 659 467 or online counselling

Samaritans: 135 247

If in immediate danger: 000

Thinking of you Sans911 in this time. Take care 

Zahlia

Thanks @Zahlia you have a beautiful user name.

I appreciate your post however most Helplines aren't helpful for me. These forums and the close relationships I have established here work well. And use of my dbt skills.

I had purpose previously in several volunteer positions I had. Those have now gone or moved online which is presenting a whole new set of challenges. And I was getting ready to return to work, but there is no work available for me. So finding new purposes is difficult.

Thank you @Sans911, that is very kind of you.

I'm glad that the forum and your relationships you have built work well for you in those difficult times, please continue to use the strategies that work for you Heart

I totally get it, now everything is up in the air its difficult to feel a sense of belonging or purpose. It's going to be a challenge, but we can all get through this and come out the other side. Hopefully you will have some work or volunteer positions to go back to when this is all over. 

@Sans911

How are you going hun?

Trying to study on a few hours sleep. It's not happening @Snowie. Last night I slept about 3 hours. I'm so tired but so much going on in my brain can't shut it off. And distractions are few because now I have less things to occupy my day

Studying is hard on little sleep @Sans911 

I'm sorry you are feeling that way. I can understand not being able to shut off our brains, it is sometimes so hard to do.

Am around for a little while if you need to chat or just sit 💜

@Sans911sis 💜

Sorry hun, went for a walk with my neighbour-he's in a better mood. Then I had an online volunteer meet. But here now @Snowie

Hoping the walk and volunteer meet helped a little @Sans911 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance