Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Sydney and surrounds Lockdown Thread

Thanks @StuF 

I just learned that Victoria is going to have things easier - I'm just hearing a press conference atm and waiting for the news

And although I haven't heard the numbers in NSW yet but I know they are still having it tough there. And in Mebourne we know how hard a hard, long lock-down is - and there is only one say out and that's through

Great thread

Dec

@Judi9877  (I tag you since you started the thread and wasn't sure who else to tag)

So, 4 more weeks for Sydney. Bugger.

I'm personally in good circumstances, so while the lockdown does affect me I'm really not too bad.

Hugs and strength to anyone suffering in the lockdown. At least this site gives us a form of contact with the outside world. Remember to use it in your day to day strategy if you find it helpful

Hi there @StuF @Owlunar @Shaz51 @Anastasia @greenpea and all forumites here. Thanks for the tag @StuF 

I've just seen your message about lockdown in Sydney being extended and that's not great news😢. To be honest, there was something in the media last night about it being extended and possibly til mid September because of the amount of numbers up there and that's hard to hear. I remember being in the 17 week lockdown last year in Melbourne and that was hard for me then so I can only imagine what you are going through. The best tips I can give is to look after yourself in any way you can. That goes for everyone here. 

Remember that this lockdown will end and that you are strong and can get through this!

Judi9877😎

Hi @Judi9877 

Melbourne's lockdowns were hard - I was sitting here trying to remember what it was like - winter and lockdowns - that is not a good combination. It seems like a dreary blur now

I had to have two different medical procedures in that time - the first was lucky in that I was among the last patients to have elective surgery - the second I had to be admitted and wait until they could fit me in - 10 days - well - it all worked out

I am sorry Sydney and parts of NSW are still facing weeks of it - maybe it would have been easier if they had locked-down sooner but we learn from trial and error often and this must be a case of that. It is a hardship for so many though and in Australia we are so much better off than many countries

It's such a confusion regarding the vaccine roll-out - no one can help glitches - they just happen.

Sigh-sigh-sigh - we have to accept all this but we have varying degrees of hard

I have been getting books delivered on-line - I read a lot - this is a great way of passing my time

Dec

I'm finding lockdown pretty tough. This year has been really awful for me as some long term mental health issues became quite severe and I was only just starting to get back on my feet and my new medication was just starting to work when lockdown hit. At first it was ok - it caused me to rest and have a slower pace which was actually really helpful. But now that lockdown has gone on for quite some time, things feel harder. Working from home means I'm avoiding a lot of work stress, but it's also very isolating. I feel the boundaries between work and home are getting blurred too. I've been trying to do things I enjoy and at first I did well with planning my days and doing things to help lift my mood but now it's getting hard and I just feel exhausted and lethargic all the time, and I don't really want to do anything. I really miss people and it's basically impossible to see anyone at all outside of my household, as all of my friends live further away than the distance you can travel for exercise. I'm trying really hard to be well and to take this as a chance to rest and recover from a lot of very difficult experiences this year, but it's getting harder and four more weeks sounds forever, and we don't even know if restrictions will lift at the end of the four weeks. In saying all of this, I am still doing a lot better than I was a few months ago but its really discouraging to be struggling again when I worked so hard to recover.

hello @Anastasia@StuF@Owlunar@Judi9877@Sunflower7@greenpea HeartHeart

Hi there@Shaz51 and all!

How's your Monday been?

hello and how are you today @StuF 

me i have spent the afternoon in bed after getting mums arms redressed 

just feeling tired and yuk 

Hi all
How are you?

Today has been verrrrry slow and tough for me

@Shaz51 

No good with the tired and yuk! Anything you can do to help shake it? Or is it just another early night on the cards?

I'm alright. Had my group therapy this morning. Was quite good. There's one guy who does a superb job of getting on people's nerves tho. He's a nice enough bloke, but sometimes...

Ahh, the joys of group therapy! lol

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance