Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Have you been sleeping a bit better lately @Determined

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Not sleeping well at all at the moment @Former-Member and it is taking its toll unfortunately.

I was supposed to be discussing a change in med at the gp today but now need to wait until after I have an endoscopy some time in the next 6 weeks. I believe current med is partly to blame for my sleeplessness. 

Really need to get more intentional about some exercise also.   Scales are not saying anything different but my clothes indicate that some good has come from small changes made so far. 

@Determined, the clothes may well be telling the truth. Muscle has more mass than fat. It's possible to have two people, same height, same weight; one might be chubby, and the other lean muscle...

From a discussion with dad in law this morning I suspect that mum in law situation may be not so good as they are letting on, that is also playing on my mind tonight 😔

Not wanting to dwell on all the negatives though, just acknowledging where we are currently and as pro-actively as I can dealing with it.  Uni councillor wante to catch up with  me regularly to touch base and try keep me on track with self care. As a form of accountability but also encouragement and direction.  

This sounds like my mother and fathers relationship god bless them. It is only after my son 21yrs was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder that we realized the effect that is passed on down to the next generation. thankyou for sharing your story. i have been alone with this for 15 years and not realizing there are others out there.

hello @jovial and welcome to the forum , glad you have found us

remember you are not alone my friend

@Determined  so sorry to hear this Bro.  Lovely you have some ongoing support. Keeping you in thoughts as you continue the task of packing up.

Hugs @Determined Heart

Thanks @Former-Member  @Shaz51

Hi @jovial and welcome. 

It is all happening @Determined with packing up underway, hoping there is relative stability.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance