Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Finally got motivated enough today to enroll in next semesters university classes.

Still not convinced it is the right decision however in the absence of anything else to do... a bit like the key reason for starting in the first place. I need something  positive to focus on in order to stay afloat. 

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Hearing you @Determined .... ❣️

I think the last 4 weeks of break and the lack of progress on planned events/ tasks demonstrate fairly clearly my need of something structured to keep me moving forward. Nothing like fast looming deadlines to get one motivated lol

Have been reminded again today just how fragile I am under pressure.

Had workers turn up early this morning to start repairs on our roof. I was not expecting them until Thursday or Friday.

I have some queries about work processes that still have not been responded to by project manager.

Then today at work there was an issue that was not really mine to fix but I felt obliged to sort out. a bit of a 'hot potato' being passed around that no one wanted to know about. All of the avenues for escalation were unavailable due to meetings.  Have since been told that I would have been within my rights to say not my problem but I am not wired that way lol. 

All minor bumps within the big picture but enough to rattle me unfortunately.

300km round trip bike ride planned with my mum tomorrow with a stop at a bird sanctuary in between.

Darling FIL and boys are meeting us there 🙂 

Yikes @Determined  sounds like it is all happening, nothing like a deadline to get us moving.  

Roof repairs happening = yay.

Be nice for you to get out on the bike again and trust it helps relieve a bit of the stress you are feeling.

Roof repairs Definatly = yay @Former-Member 

Has only taken 10 months to get to this point. Same storm that totalled the car. 

Would have been nice if it happened before we moved in and the previous owners had to deal with it. 

Oh well. Despite my anxiety in the process the finished result will be worth it. 

I was having a giggle this morning wondering who woukd be first to hit scaffolding with the car, darling or FIL, giggled too soon... turned out to be me. And of course with an audience.

One of the workers asked if we could move the car and were all watching and waiting. 😐😣

Ooooh ... sucky @Determined.. Glad you have found a way to make light of it by sharing it with us ..... 👍

How was outing today @Determined ?

Was a nice day @Former-Member ... enjoyed by all, children are still buzzing  ☺

Uploaded some pics to photo and birdy threads.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance