Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

I mostly go to my bible and prayer if my wife is continually abusive but recently I escaped verbal abuse to a (remaining) friends place, but when I left after only 2 hours, there was a message on my phone from police saying that they were at my place and taking my wife to hospital. What happened from there was shameful, in relation to hospital staff actions. 

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

My wife is a beautiful intelligent person 95% of the time. Married 3 times, almost 60, and never had a stable relationship with someone who cared for her, from birth.

We have had a couple of experiences with hospital staff and poor understanding making things worse 😔 

My wife returned from hospital 2 weeks ago with cracked ribs and is suffering great pain but frightened to get help.

Caused by a security guard throwing her to a concrete floor and pressing on her ribs with his hand and weight when landing. I went to Human Rights and police and they won't do anything without my wife's okay. My wife was furious when she found out that I had done that. Still hardly talking etc

That is sad.

My wife grew up in a loving and caring home so not sure what happened other than an unfortunate gene pool. (High prevalence of MI within the family) 

There were things that happened that were traumatic for her but Moreso because of her heightened sensitivity I think. And her family moved around a lot including in remote communities. 

Her parents have been a huge help and support over the years. 

Oh wow. That is bad. 

I would be complaining also.

Thankfully we have not experienced anything like that (physical) mostly ignorance and nastiness. 

have to go, its late. hope to talk soon.
God bless Bro

You too @NRG

Hope to be around later tomorrow night. 

Feeling blessed tonight.

We had a setback on the contract for our new house today where the sellers changed their mind in a verbal offer. This caused an enormous amount of stress and anxiety.

The real estate ladies we are dealing with noted her anxiety so are sending us for lunch on Monday while photographs are being taken so she does not have to worry about it. They were a little worried about her.  Just not accustomed to that level of understanding and support from strangers. 

They really going over and above what I would have expected to make this easier for my darling. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance